BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-08-2024, 07:41 PM   #1
opam
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / F15

Tpms reset option grey (not available) after cluster chage

Thanks god I found this forum, I apologize if this was not the right place to express my problem. but this is my first time in a forum.

I own a BMW X5/F15 Xdrive 3.0d awd year 2014, almost a year ago I decide to buy and instal a Chinese digital cluster to give a modern look to my vehicle.
Imediately after I installed the digital cluster, I checked vehicle function to see if everything was working propertly, and everything was fine except for the efficient dynamic chart which keep "calculating" andno chart, and the Tire preassure monitor on the idrive was not working either, all 4 wheel turns from green with oem cluster to grey when I installed the chinese cluster, so when to tpms reset and this option was also grey and not available. I was willing to sacrifice this option for the nice looking of the interior with the new cluster..so I left it like that.

a couple of weeks ago I got a flat tire, I was happy becasue the chinese digital cluster gave me the warning light and also show me the vheicle drawing with correct flat tire, even though in the idrive didn't show anything just 4 grey tires.
I fixed the tire but since reset tpms option is grey and not unavailable, I Still have the warning on chinese cluster. which is driving me crazy.., then I notice I can not change the driving mode to ECO (which is my prefered), driving mode is stuck on CONFORT, everytime I change it to either ECO or SPORT it rolls back to CONFORT. I read over the internet this is due to the flat tire warning.......So I went to the dealership so they can reset the flat tire with the scanner tool. but unfortunatelly when they tried to read the TPMS, the scanner shows an error stating can not comunicate with vehicle ECU. and another error stating that cluster can not comunicate with CIC........So I installed back the oem cluster everything was working flawless even the efficient dynamic, which was not working with the chinese cluster was now working again, but TPMS RESET option which keep in grey and unselectable. I decide to go back to the dealership and they were unable to reset the tpms with the scanner tool eventhough I have installed te oem cluster.

my vehicle does not have TPMS sensors on the wheels, So I assume is FTM and use the ABS

I would like to point that dealer was able to read all other vehicles parameter with the scanner excelpt for the tpms, vehicle has no more errors, and everything in the IDRIVE is working flawless

Now, I do not know what else to do, I still have the warning on the cluster and driving mode stuck on confort.

I will greatly appreciate any help from you.

Last edited by opam; 05-08-2024 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 08:29 PM   #2
ooshnoo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i and 2018 X5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [10.00]
You don’t have TPMS sensors? I’m confused…

1004ron29.00
      05-09-2024, 06:20 AM   #3
1004ron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i

I have a 2015 and it has TPMS sensors in the wheels - I highly doubt that your 2014 is different and uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to calculate the tire pressure.

You "assumed" - why the need for assumptions when you had it at a BMW Dealership who should know what's installed in your model?

If you have TPMS sensors and they're the originals then their batteries died some time ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 06:44 AM   #4
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Just want to point out that not all country variants had TPMS sensors. The Canadian cars did not. Is the OP's car US spec?
      05-09-2024, 02:10 PM   #5
opam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
You don’t have TPMS sensors? I’m confused…
NO, for sure my vehicle do not have tpms sensors on the wheels, it use ABS sensor
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 02:16 PM   #6
opam
Rep

Just when to the delaership this morning and the confirm my vehicle does not have tpms sensors on the wheels, they told me it use ABS sensor to meassure circunference of the wheel or somthing like that, Im not an expert :-(
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 02:19 PM   #7
opam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Just want to point out that not all country variants had TPMS sensors. The Canadian cars did not. Is the OP's car US spec?
My vehicle it is not US version, local BMW dealer import the vehicle directly from germany for latin american market
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2024, 04:16 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Just to confirm...not all BMWs have the TPM system (aka RDC)...some markets require it by law or mandate (like the USA) and some markets it's an option {option code (SA2VB) }. In the markets that don't require the TPM/RDC system...the car will have the FTM (flat tire monitor) system (aka RPA).

You can also tell which system you have by the wording on the display...it will either say TPM or FTM.

Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-09-2024 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
1004ron29.00
      05-10-2024, 11:36 AM   #9
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

You can order TPMS and code SA2VB to make it work.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1334423
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 04:19 PM   #10
opam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just to confirm...not all BMWs have the TPM system (aka RDC)...some markets require it by law or mandate (like the USA) and some markets it's an option {option code (SA2VB) }. In the markets that don't require the TPM/RDC system...the car will have the FTM (flat tire monitor) system (aka RPA).

You can also tell which system you have by the wording on the display...it will either say TPM or FTM.

Thank you for your below detailes picture and explanation, you first picture is exactly my vehicle screen, it is Flat Tire Monitor ( RPA), I purchased a thinkdiag+ scanner to scan the vehicle my self. I reset CID and nothing happen still unable to reset Flat Tyre...so I did a deep scan and two error arise:
1-) Head Unit can not comunicate with CIC B7F8C3
2-) Instrument cluster not detected (forgot to write error number)

I assume (again) these error are because I installed an aftermarket chinese cluster...

I will retrofit vehicle with tpms and pray to see i I can get rid off the flat tyre warning light
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #11
opam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
You can order TPMS and code SA2VB to make it work.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1334423
thank you very much for this link, I will do excatly what is in this post to install tpms on the 4 wheels.

since Im a newbee coding can you explain to me what it means : ADDING 2VB to your FA ? Where I can purchase the 2vb ? and what is the FA and where is located ?

how do I do the coding? VO code the BDC, HU_NBT, DSC and Kombi , using Bimmercode app ? or do I need an special software? if yes, where I can get this software ?

there is any diy video ?

thank you in advance for your help an support
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 11:36 AM   #12
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

You don't need to purchase anything, please check this thread out for basic coding information:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1033991
The only item you need to buy in order to retrofit TPMS is set of 4 sensors. Rest is software coding. I do not know if you can do this with Bimmercrode, you might want to ask their support team if this is possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 04:04 PM   #13
Fearless88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by opam View Post
thank you very much for this link, I will do excatly what is in this post to install tpms on the 4 wheels.

since Im a newbee coding can you explain to me what it means : ADDING 2VB to your FA ? Where I can purchase the 2vb ? and what is the FA and where is located ?

how do I do the coding? VO code the BDC, HU_NBT, DSC and Kombi , using Bimmercode app ? or do I need an special software? if yes, where I can get this software ?

there is any diy video ?

thank you in advance for your help an support
And also put a picture of which version your using on your Chinese cluster.
You need to provide software and protocol versions.
I have a Chinese cluster too, had errors staying on which didn't really bother me with an update on the cluster software , errors now gone.
Appreciate 0