BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6712
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Post 2014 X5 (F15) BMW NA Media Launch Video

BIMMERPOST NEWS
2014 X5 (F15) BMW NA Media Launch Video
27
COMMENTS

This week kicks off the U.S. media launch for the all new 2014 BMW X5 (F15) [Official Thread] and we're on hand in Vancouver for the event.

We'll bring you our coverage soon, but for now, have a look at the video BMW put together to kick off the press launch week.



Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
270
Rep
17,319
Posts

 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
iczer34
Dude, WTF?
iczer34's Avatar
17
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i3 Giga REx
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (8)

"tight and small...and"

Sorry, my mind's in the gutter lol.

Otherwise, cool video.
__________________
"A good reputation is more valuable than money"

2014 BMW i3 REx (Giga) - Capparis White
2014 BMW M5 - Alpine White | 21" HRE S104 | KW v3 | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | 3D Design Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
TomE92
Private First Class
TomE92's Avatar
2
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczer34 View Post
"tight and small...and"

Sorry, my mind's in the gutter lol.

Otherwise, cool video.

My thoughts exactly.



Sicko.
__________________
2014 WW Evo X GSR
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Tracus
Lieutenant
Tracus's Avatar
10
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

put a spare tire on these SAV's and I might go with peace in mind outside to enjoy Canadian scenery.
So far I am using the bimmer in the city due to my bad previous experience with the run flat that gave up on me and the lack of the RFT in dealers stock (not even ONE tire in stock!).
So, I am driving an SAV in the city and a sedan outside for my off-road biking.
How that sounds BMW ??????
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
ValeYellow46
MotoGP Fanatic
0
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Vermilion E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcius View Post
This will sit in the showrooms FOREVER...Congrats BMW you succeeded in launching a new car that is uglier than the prior generation
Usually cars people don't like on here sell like hot cakes at the showroom!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
put a spare tire on these SAV's and I might go with peace in mind outside to enjoy Canadian scenery.
So far I am using the bimmer in the city due to my bad previous experience with the run flat that gave up on me and the lack of the RFT in dealers stock (not even ONE tire in stock!).
So, I am driving an SAV in the city and a sedan outside for my off-road biking.
How that sounds BMW ??????
Would opting for the compact spare help you? For the US it is $150.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
consolidated's Avatar
36
Rep
1,737
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcius View Post
This will sit in the showrooms FOREVER...Congrats BMW you succeeded in launching a new car that is uglier than the prior generation
Right, they'll sit by the tens of thousands until their discounted lower in value than my E70. Everyone buys on looks alone. Who are you people?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
Tracus
Lieutenant
Tracus's Avatar
10
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Would opting for the compact spare help you? For the US it is $150.
I have an X1, not an X5. However, all have the same issue: no spare.
And if I buy another wheel, I have no trunk, plus it is not properly attached to the vehicle.

In all honesty, this is one big issue that will steer me towards another brand next time. The problem is that I buy my cars on spot, I don't lease them, so I can not return it, I need to sell it first. My wife was so excited, we bought it, but if I knew that I will have a fear to use it, I will dump the idea on that moment. We like the car, but we are afraid to go out with it. literally. Now I have installed non RFT on a new set of wheels, I found RFT prone to problems. Still, I need to put a wheel on my little trunk. Inside the car on my beige interior is out of question. Bottom line, there is no enjoyment in it, just fear or compromise.

The compact spare must be exactly the same diameter to not destroy the differential. Is one out there for X1?

Last edited by Tracus; 09-09-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
35
Rep
2,047
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I have an X1, not an X5. However, all have the same issue: no spare.
And if I buy another wheel, I have no trunk, plus it is not properly attached to the vehicle.

In all honesty, this is one big issue that will steer me towards another brand next time. The problem is that I buy my cars on spot, I don't lease them, so I can not return it, I need to sell it first. My wife was so excited, we bought it, but if I knew that I will have a fear to use it, I will dump the idea on that moment. We like the car, but we are afraid to go out with it. literally. Now I have installed non RFT on a new set of wheels, I found RFT prone to problems. Still, I need to put a wheel on my little trunk. Inside the car on my beige interior is out of question. Bottom line, there is no enjoyment in it, just fear or compromise.

The compact spare must be exactly the same diameter to not destroy the differential. Is one out there for X1?
They don't "all" have the same issue. The compact spare is designed to fit within the vehicle without sacrificing trunk space. Unless you get the third row.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
11
Rep
503
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335is
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: east

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcius View Post
This will sit in the showrooms FOREVER...Congrats BMW you succeeded in launching a new car that is uglier than the prior generation
I am with you
__________________
Bimmer
__________________________________________________
335is - AW, Loaded, 19" 313M, 6MT

Impatiently waiting for F80/F82
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
nick3753
Lieutenant
7
Rep
566
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fresno,CA

iTrader: (0)

"Our X5 owners are very active and like to take their X5s off road". Lol, the only off roading my X5 does is going up on the lift at the dealership for more repairs.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
bmwx1803
Private First Class
1
Rep
185
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [4.25]
they really must be getting ready now. just saw about 4 x5's on a truck passing through I26 in columbia. i was able to get a really good look at a black one and it looked great. i dont think pictures do it justice. if i wasnt driving i would have taken a pic.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wow, looks great.

Too bad I don't need an SUV, lol.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
760Lifan
Private First Class
760Lifan's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: Not worth mentioning
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land O Lakes, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcius View Post
This will sit in the showrooms FOREVER...
Ain't gonna happen.

No matter if one likes the style or not - this vehicle is going to sell. Why? Because it's the new BMW X5. Plain and simple.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
Diver
Colonel
Diver's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
2,880
Posts

 
Drives: Black '12 135i DCT PPK Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Looks like a capable luxury SUV to me.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
BlackJetE90
Colonel
36
Rep
2,508
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: e90

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm....no.

Last edited by BlackJetE90; 09-09-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #19
Tracus
Lieutenant
Tracus's Avatar
10
Rep
574
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Just look at the fog lamps... They are hideous...

"It is growing on me" it is a phrase that should give BMW designers some serious thinking... Obviously, people accept it because different reasons, not because sparks feelings...
If that's what BMW has become, oh well...

No, don't really like it. The headlamps are disproportionate, the kidneys are too big and they shouldn't go that wide, the fog lamps are hideous, the bumper is a "wanna be" kinda style..
The wide beautiful fenders are gone, long live the box!

They will sell?
Yeah, maybe, however I wouldn't spend my money on something that gives no emotions... Au contraire...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #20
BMWinGE
Captain
10
Rep
649
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

^ Funny, I've never really thought of most BMWs as beautiful. Not saying they were ugly, just beautiful is not a word I would normally describe them as. I like the previous generation X5s, but there are some photos where they look pretty darn frumpy. I haven't read one review yet that bashed the new X5 looks, so I will assume they look pretty decent in the metal too.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #21
760Lifan
Private First Class
760Lifan's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: Not worth mentioning
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land O Lakes, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
"It is growing on me" it is a phrase that should give BMW designers some serious thinking... Obviously, people accept it because different reasons, not because sparks feelings...
If that's what BMW has become, oh well...
THIS sold as well - and it certainly wasn't the best design BMW had to offer in history:

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
760Lifan
Private First Class
760Lifan's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: Not worth mentioning
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land O Lakes, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
^ Funny, I've never really thought of most BMWs as beautiful. Not saying they were ugly, just beautiful is not a word I would normally describe them as.
That pretty much sums it up.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST