BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
jpsjr70
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Ok, so my X5 so far needs a new cluster.......

Unfortunately the system can not reset the service due system. They had the X5 for three days and nothing other than they say it needs to be replaced. On top of that when they installed my hitch they put to small dents on the rear hatch which they fixed plus they broke the rear tail light installing the bumper back. So not trying to be petty, I asked for the regional guy to get involved with the cluster issue since they are on nation back order for replacements, what would you guys do? I was thinking of trying to get a TFT LCD cluster or get money towards wheels. Your thoughts?

Joe
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
F15X5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsjr70 View Post
Unfortunately the system can not reset the service due system. They had the X5 for three days and nothing other than they say it needs to be replaced. On top of that when they installed my hitch they put to small dents on the rear hatch which they fixed plus they broke the rear tail light installing the bumper back. So not trying to be petty, I asked for the regional guy to get involved with the cluster issue since they are on nation back order for replacements, what would you guys do? I was thinking of trying to get a TFT LCD cluster or get money towards wheels. Your thoughts?

Joe
sorry to hear about your problems... what dealer if you don't mind me asking? I'm in central NJ too and want to be sure I keep an extra eye open if it's the same one.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Once your car makes a trip to the dealer it will never bethe same again.

Mine is there now fixing the inside panel of the rear door that they damaged while fixing the rearview camera.

Quote:

Joe
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
phantomac2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 (KS81)

Having frequented these forums for a couple of months now, I wonder: Don't need US dealer who want to service cars, too need some kind of certification from BMW (or whatever brand they sell)?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
F15X5
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomac2 View Post
Having frequented these forums for a couple of months now, I wonder: Don't need US dealer who want to service cars, too need some kind of certification from BMW (or whatever brand they sell)?
yes, all BMW dealers have "certified" technicians working there, but it doesn't mean every mechanic is "certified". Plus, no one will care as much about your car that you spent your hard earned money on and take care of on a daily basis as you would. They get tens or cars in and out of the shop every day. hang out for a full day in a shop and you'll know what i mean.

You would have better luck with a good independent shop that has an actual "passion" for cars to treat them as their own, but those are far and in between as well. Plus we need to take our new cars under warranty to the dealer unless we want to pay out of pocket.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #6
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:

Joe
Ask for 6wb as compensation, though it needs HUD I think...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #7
phantomac2
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 (KS81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
Ask for 6wb as compensation, though it needs HUD I think...
Plus: it's not available yet and won't be for a couple of months.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #8
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomac2 View Post
Plus: it's not available yet and won't be for a couple of months.
And so is the regular cluster also, as it is on back order as the op said...
Appreciate 0