BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Wanted: Titanium Grille

Anyone that has the titanium grilles that are going to upgrade to M-Sport grilles want to sell me their titanium grilles?

Z.

Last edited by Zipforia; 05-23-2014 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
ljxrayman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport Mineral White

And then change the badge to xDrive 50i
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

I'll part with mine. PM me and we can set it up.
      05-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljx*****n View Post
Why shoot so low? I'm gonna add the M behind my X5.

Z.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia
Quote:
Why shoot so low? I'm gonna add the M behind my X5.

Z.
Zipforia, I am also looking for titanium grills for my 30d, imo they look better with space gray then standard ones or performance ones, just a matter of personal taste. low blows are somewhat rare on this forum but they still happen.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:48 AM   #6
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
You get titanium grilles on the 40d here in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

So does the 35i Lux line here in the states. Maybe he's uneducated and thinks only 50i comes with titanium grilles.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Wow, Luxury line comes with Titanium Grille?! Which country or planet are you from? Stop embarrassing yourself please...

Luxury Line comes with "Chrome" grille NOT "Titanium".
X Line does come with Titanium thought.
Or...maybe you don't even know how to differentiate the two.

Now who is UNEDUCATED?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Quote:
So does the 35i Lux line here in the states. Maybe he's uneducated and thinks only 50i comes with titanium grilles.

Z.
Typical American Idiot
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Why are you guys getting worked up over something so stupid/irrelevant?

@ljx*****n, I don't know how old you are, but from all of the comments I've read from you, you don't seem above 25. A lot of these guys are much older than you, so it's better to show some respect just out of decency/courtesy. Name calling doesn't help anyone. Also, when you get into trouble with your X5, people will come to your aid much less if you appear rude - everyone reads these comments in the community. In regards to badging or debadging, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they want their car to look, etc. No one made fun of you or your tastes from what I have noticed thus far.

@Zipforia, bro, I can understand your frustration, but by calling someone uneducated, you're only fueling the fire and going to make him react further as proven above - maturity has nothing to do with education. It's not worth it, despite him being right about the Chrome front on the luxury line: "The Luxury line for the exterior includes stylistic underbody protection elements and wheel arch surrounds painted in the respective body color, black kidney grille bars with high-gloss chrome fronts, T-shaped bars for the outer air intakes and louvers for the lower aperture, plus a chrome trim strip for the rear apron and Chrome Line Exterior adornments for the side windows." - directly from BMWBlog: http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/05/30/20...5-luxury-line/.

Let's drop the name calling and belittling because it gets us nowhere. I'm not trying to lecture anyone; it's just better to help each other and get along because that's the whole point of these forums - healthy discussion and tips to fix/upgrade/tune our cars. Just my two cents.
      05-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Why are you guys getting worked up over something so stupid/irrelevant?

@ljx*****n, I don't know how old you are, but from all of the comments I've read from you, you don't seem above 25. A lot of these guys are much older than you, so it's better to show some respect just out of decency/courtesy. Name calling doesn't help anyone. Also, when you get into trouble with your X5, people will come to your aid much less if you appear rude - everyone reads these comments in the community. In regards to badging or debadging, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they want their car to look, etc. No one made fun of you or your tastes from what I have noticed thus far.

@Zipforia, bro, I can understand your frustration, but by calling someone uneducated, you're only fueling the fire and going to make him react further as proven above - maturity has nothing to do with education. It's not worth it, despite him being right about the Chrome front on the luxury line: "The Luxury line for the exterior includes stylistic underbody protection elements and wheel arch surrounds painted in the respective body color, black kidney grille bars with high-gloss chrome fronts, T-shaped bars for the outer air intakes and louvers for the lower aperture, plus a chrome trim strip for the rear apron and Chrome Line Exterior adornments for the side windows." - directly from BMWBlog: http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/05/30/20...5-luxury-line/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.bmwblog.c...xury-line/</a>.

Let's drop the name calling and belittling because it gets us nowhere. I'm not trying to lecture anyone; it's just better to help each other and get along because that's the whole point of these forums - healthy discussion and tips to fix/upgrade/tune our cars. Just my two cents.
Very pertinent comment.
My apologies, didn't meant to heat up the tempo nor blowing low and being sarcastic about his taste. And I respect his age

And btw I just turned 25 last month so hopefully my maturity level increased a bit already.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Ah...duly noted. Chrome grilles and not Titanium grilles on 35i Luxury Line. Well...I should've checked my sources before I ranted off...

But....before I sign off....maybe YOU should check YOUR sources prior to mouthing off yourself....I know it's semantics...but, if you want to get technical with chrome, titanium, silver matte, etc.

xLine comes with Silver Matte. NOT Titanium. NOW what planet are you from? You don't get off that easily with me.

Inferiority complex Canadian.

Z.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #13
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ah...duly noted. Chrome grilles and not Titanium grilles on 35i Luxury Line. Well...I should've checked my sources before I ranted off...

But....before I sign off....maybe YOU should check YOUR sources prior to mouthing off yourself....I know it's semantics...but, if you want to get technical with chrome, titanium, silver matte, etc.

xLine comes with Silver Matte. NOT Titanium. NOW what planet are you from? You don't get off that easily with me.

Inferiority complex Canadian.

Z.
You should DIG more on YOUR source then.

Technically, Silver Matte = Titanium. Titanium is usually mentioned by forum members and YOU instead of Silver matte.

If you really want your SILVER MATTE grille then buy it straight from the dealership instead of being cheap and asking for someone else's garbage....

If you don't know about the part number, I'm kind enough to offer you the Titanium Grille ones:

Or you could try to DIG YOUR source and find yourself the Silver Matte ones, but I bet you will never find it since they are TECHNICALLY the same thing.

And you don't get off easily with me.

Old man just can't quit...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
Ggluck3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x5 M sport

Children children.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

From what I have found - the price for these grills is around $90-100 per grill.

This ebay link seems to be the cheapest at $85 free shipping if you're buying brand new, plus it has FAST N FREE shipping so you won't have to wait long. This is only if you can't find a better deal from a member on this forum.

Left Grill: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-BMW-X5-F1...541111&vxp=mtr

Right Grill: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-BMW-X5-F1...-/331191488456

EDIT: Scratch that...they're used. My bad, I didn't see the condition part at the top of each link. Getbmwparts.com has them for $94 brand new, but I think they charge $12 standard shipping.
      05-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Technically, Silver Matte = Titanium. Titanium is usually mentioned by forum members and YOU instead of Silver matte.

If you really want your SILVER MATTE grille then buy it straight from the dealership instead of being cheap and asking for someone else's garbage....

If you don't know about the part number, I'm kind enough to offer you the Titanium Grille ones:

Or you could try to DIG YOUR source and find yourself the Silver Matte ones, but I bet you will never find it since they are TECHNICALLY the same thing.

Are you serious? You want to continue this?

Since you seem to know so much...explain this: If they are technically the same thing, why did BMW name xLine's grille Silver Matte Grille (previous post), and why did I find Titanium Grille parts (see below) on BMW website? If they are technically the same, why didn't BMW stick with one name? Why would BMW describe it two different ways?

You think I don't have the money to purchase it new? If you think that's what this is about? I just want to see how it will look on my X5 with those grilles. Why pay full price if I might never use it. Geez...maturity is showing. Don't comment on other people's situation if you don't know what's going on.

I have nothing but time...we can go on and on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
Nkbm82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i

If the titanium and silver matte are different I'd like to see the two side by side for comparison if anyone has pics.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Are you serious? You want to continue this?

Since you seem to know so much...explain this: If they are technically the same thing, why did BMW name xLine's grille Silver Matte Grille (previous post), and why did I find Titanium Grille parts (see below) on BMW website? If they are technically the same, why didn't BMW stick with one name? Why would BMW describe it two different ways?

You think I don't have the money to purchase it new? If you think that's what this is about? I just want to see how it will look on my X5 with those grilles. Why pay full price if I might never use it. Geez...maturity is showing. Don't comment on other people's situation if you don't know what's going on.

I have nothing but time...we can go on and on.
Simply because of one reason, BMW is trying to target different consumer market and idiots like you.

And actually there is no Silver Matte Kidney Grille in the Parts Catalog.

If you still wanna argue with me about the SEMANTIC thing, you are more than welcome to do so by posting your finding of the part number for the Silver Matte Grille here.

Oh, and your brain seems quite matured since it is full of stubborn shit.

Since you started this, don't expect me to put an END on this, and I got 24/7 before you rot and die

Oh, and if you are wealthy enough to purchase the Kidney Grille for full price, why would you waste your time here on the forum?
I bet your time doesn't worth that much then.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Simply because of one reason, BMW is trying to target different consumer market and idiots like you.

And actually there is no Silver Matte Kidney Grille in the Parts Catalog.

If you still wanna argue with me about the SEMANTIC thing, you are more than welcome to do so by posting your finding of the part number for the Silver Matte Grille here.

Oh, and your brain seems quite matured since it is full stubborn shit.

Since you started this, don't expect me to put an END on this, and I got 24/7 before you rot and die

Oh, and if you are wealth enough to purchase the Kidney Grille for full price, why would you waste your time here on the forum?
I bet your time doesn't worth that much then.
Oh, I see. Now you're speaking for BMW. What was I thinking?? Of course, a 25 year old kid with money would have ALL the answers. Or did you daddy buy you the X5? Get a WRX and go play in the dirt.

Please...I'll out last your immature ass any day. And I started this?? Wheren't you the one that commented on me putting on a 50i badge? Thinking that I was going to somehow make my car into something it wasn't. Get your shit straight, boy.

Why wouldn't I purchase the grille full price? Why would I waste my time on this forum?? Hey ASS, didn't see my previous post?? Didn't I say I might not keep the grille? I just wanted to see how it looked. Do you read this stuff? How can I have an arguement if you keep asking me shit I already answered. READ!!! What a dumbass.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
Zipforia
Captain
Rep

I've been on this forum longer than you have. You think you're going to get a decent welcome with an attitude like yours? Good luck with that.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #21
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Keep going old man.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #22
ljxrayman
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
I've been on this forum longer than you have. You think you're going to get a decent welcome with an attitude like yours? Good luck with that.
Oh yea? but you seem like an old twat that doesn't even know how to bow for your stupidness.
Appreciate 0