BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

06-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
Exclamation 2015 BMW X6 (F16) - Official Thread - Information, Wallpapers and Videos

BIMMERPOST / Official Coverage
BMW X6F16

Production begins August 2014
0-60 in 6.0s for sDrive35i and xDrive35i
New N63TU engine for xDrive50i
0-60 in 4.8s for xDrive50i
Lighter than outgoing model by 35-55 lbs
Drag coefficient of 0.34 Cd

Vitals

2015 X6 Models:

sDrive35i / xDrive35i
  • 3.0L TwinPower Turbo inline-6 (N55)
  • 300 hp @ 5800 rpm
  • 300 lb-ft @ 1200-5000 rpm
  • 0-60 in 6.0 seconds (0.3 seconds faster than predecessor)
  • EPA MPG to come

xDrive50i
  • 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 (N63TU)
  • 445 hp @ 5500-6000 rpm
  • 480 lb-ft @ 2000-4500 rpm
  • 0-60 in 4.8 seconds (0.4 seconds faster than predecessor)
  • EPA MPG to come

Transmission / Steering:
  • 8 speed auto and ECO PRO mode with new functions (read more in press release below)
  • xDrive and Dynamic Performance Control (part of Dynamic Handling Package), with torque vectoring (varies power split between rear wheels)
  • Electric power steering with servotronic speed-sensitive power assist
  • Optional Active Steering

Chassis / Physicals:
  • 35 to 55 pounds lighter than predecessor (given identical equipment levels)
  • Drag coefficient of 0.34 Cd

2015 X6 Lines:
  • xLine
    • optical underbody protection elements in stainless steel for the front and rear apron
    • illuminated door sills and footplates in aluminum
    • kidney grille bars with a distinctive geometry
    • bespoke inserts and bars for the air intakes
    • distinctive trim for the Air Breathers on the fenders, the trim strip on the trailing edge of the tailgate, and the exterior mirror caps.
    • exterior mirror bases and B- and C-pillar trim in high-gloss black, plus aluminum surrounds in Cerium Grey for the side windows and exterior mirror caps.
    • exclusive 20-inch light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design and bi-color finish with mixed-size tires.
    • Interior Design Packages
  • M Sport
    • aerodynamically optimized body elements with large air intakes at the front
    • contoured side skirts
    • diffuser insert for the rear apron
    • bespoke BMW kidney grille design with bars in matte aluminum
    • high-gloss chrome exhaust tailpipe embellishers in the trapezoidal geometry (standard on xDrive50i)
    • lower borders of the wheel arches along with the side skirts are painted in body color
    • BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line trim
    • 19-inch or optional 20 inch M light-alloy wheels,
    • aluminum door sill strips bearing the M logo
    • anthracite-colored BMW Individual roof liner
    • electrically adjustable sports seats for the driver and front passenger,
    • interior trim in Aluminum Hexagon
    • M leather steering wheel and an M driver’s footrest
    • specially designed car key fob
    • Optional Adaptive M suspension

Other technologies / features (some optional):
  • Standard glass sunroof (same width but 5 inches lower than predecessor)
  • Rear seats split 40 : 20 : 40, allowing the capacity of the load compartment to be increased in stages from 20.5 cu.ft. to a maximum of 53.9 cu.ft.
  • Power tailgate operation
  • Hands-free trunk opening and closing function (part of Comfort Access feature (standard on X6 xDrive50i/optional on X6 sDrive35i and X6 xDrive35i)
  • Soft Close Automatic function for tailgate (also available for the doors as an option
  • BMW Navigation System with touchpad Controller
  • Bang & Olufsen surround sound system
  • Rear Entertainment System
  • Active Driving Assistant
  • ACG Stop & GO + Active Driving Assistant
  • Parking Assistant
  • BMW Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • LED fog lights
  • BMW Selective Beam
  • BMW Night Vision
  • BMW Assist eCall and Teleservice
  • BMW Apps

Note: For more details on the above highlighted features and equipment, see full press release below

Also see: 2015 BMW X6 (F16) Demo Order Guide Reveals Colors, Lines, Options, Packages, Wheels

PRESS RELEASE + Expand

The New BMW X6
  • Second generation of the world’s first Sports Activity Coupe
  • New rear-wheel drive X6 sDrive35i
  • Improved performance for the V8 X6 xDrive50i

With the introduction of the all-new 2015 BMW X6, the company celebrates the second generation of the world’s first-ever Sports Activity Coupe. When the company took the bold step of combining the performance of a BMW Sports Activity Vehicle with the emotional design character of a traditional coupe, BMW created a vehicle concept that the market had not yet even conceived of. With global sales of 250,000 X6s to date, it is clearly a concept that the marketplace has embraced. In additional to an updated and even more extroverted design, the new X6 introduces the first rear-wheel drive model in the line-up with the X6 sDrive35i, powered by BMW’s award-winning 300 horsepower TwinPower Turbo inline six. It joins models with xDrive, BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system – the BMW X6 xDrive35i and the X6 xDrive50i featuring BMW’s updated 445 horsepower TwinPower Turbo 4.4-liter V8. All models are equipped with BMW’s 8-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission. The new 2015 BMW X6 will again be produced exclusively at the company’s production facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina and will arrive in US showrooms in late 2014. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.

Exterior design: dynamic proportions, fluid lines, striking accents.
The design of the new BMW X6 body combines the robust presence of a BMW Sports Activity Vehicle with the hallmark sporting elegance of the brand’s Coupes to create an unmistakably athletic appearance. The long hood, long wheelbase, short front overhang and set-back passenger compartment are characteristic design features of a BMW. Its high window sill and large wheel arches highlight the Sports Activity Coupe’s ties to the BMW SAV family.
Dynamic proportions and flowing lines reflect its sporty, agile handling on the road. The muscular and robust aspects of the vehicle’s design point to its versatility and appetite for action off the beaten track. At the front of the vehicle, the X-shaped contour lines of the bumper, the matt-silver underbody protection, the particularly powerful design of the BMW kidney grille and the arrangement of the twin circular headlights along front LED foglights are the most prominent signature features of a BMW SAV. The large headlight units reach all the way to the BMW kidney grille and extend outwards well into the fenders. Sweeping chrome inserts and the prominently three-dimensional design of the lights underline the sophisticated character of the standard Xenon headlights. Optional Adaptive LED Headlights can be specified for the new BMW X6.

Among the other ingredients in the extroverted, athletic looks of the new BMW X6 are the clearly visible details designed to optimize the car’s aerodynamics. They include the air deflectors on the front wheel arches, the Air Curtains integrated into the outer air intakes of the front apron and the Air Breathers in the fenders, which team up to reduce turbulence in the front wheel arches.

The side view of the new BMW X6 is likewise defined by eye-catching lines and sharply- drawn contours. The wedge shape of the silhouette is accentuated by a model-specific interpretation of the double swage lines. Emerging from the front wheel arches, the first rises steadily up along the new BMW X6 to the rear door handles. A second swage line sets out on a lower path, extending in a dynamic sweep into the rear lights. The eye is therefore drawn immediately to both the strong presence of the new BMW X6, thanks not only to the coupe-style roofline but also a glasshouse whose light, intricate look contrasts with the powerful body.

At the rear, horizontal lines emphasize the width and solid stance of the new BMW X6, while the surface design in the area of the high-opening tailgate, a powerfully formed bumper and flat rear apron signal robust athleticism. The three-dimensional LED light strips of the two- section, L-shaped rear lights, meanwhile, create a striking night-time look. As with the front, a matt silver-colored underbody protection element completes the lower edge of the body.

Customers can choose from two non-metallic and nine metallic colors for the body paintwork of the new BMW X6, including the new-to-the-range Dark Olive and Flamenco Red Metallic. Available as an option for the new BMW X6 are aluminum running boards.

Interior: sporting elegance, modern luxury, advanced functionality.
Boasting generous levels of spaciousness, the high seating position typical of a BMW SAV and high-quality, beautifully finished materials, the interior of the new BMW X6 creates the perfect environment for a driving experience cloaked in an air of luxury. The three- dimensional design and horizontal structure of the layered surfaces underline the broad sweep of the instrument panel, which – along with the upper-arm trim panels – features a high-quality Softskin surface with black decorative stitching. The interior trim elements in Poplar Wood now sit atop a high-gloss black surface, which is bordered on its lower edge by an accent strip in Pearl Gloss Chrome. Interior trim strips in Brushed Aluminum, Fineline Oak Wood, Fineline Striped Wood and Fineline Pure Wood can also be specified as a no-cost option.

The ambient lighting designs included in the standard lighting package lend extra emphasis to the visual unity between the instrument panel and door panels. LED units arranged in a wrap-around contour line, as well as in other areas of the interior, create an alluring effect. Blue, white and orange light can be selected, either in monochrome or in six pre-stored combinations via the iDrive system.

The instrument cluster and the displays for the climate control and ventilation in the new BMW X6 all feature black-panel technology. The content, presentation and color of the screens in the standard Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster vary according to the mode selected by means of the Driving Dynamics Control switch. The freestanding, 10.2-inch flatscreen Control Display comes as part of the standard-fitted iDrive operating system.

The distinctive style of the new BMW X6’s interior is captured in the sports leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons and shift paddles, gearshift lever in sporty design and a rear seat bench whose two outer seats have a distinct individual seat character and which offers large storage compartments in the center armrest. Another model-specific equipment detail are the knee pads on the center console, which feature contrast stitching on their leather surface and an accent strip in Pearl Gloss Chrome.

xLine, M Sport and options: Tailoring the BMW X6 to individual tastes
An extensive selection of options, the new xLine and M Sport all create additional scope for tailoring the new BMW X6 precisely to individual tastes in terms of luxury and dynamics.

Customers can choose from six colors for the standard Dakota leather trim, including the new variants Cognac and Coral Red. Seat heating for the driver and front passenger is standard, while heated rear seats are available in the Cold Weather Package. Driving pleasure and long-distance comfort can also be enhanced with features including the standard BMW Navigation System with touchpad Controller, the Bang & Olufsen surround- sound system and the new Rear Entertainment System. All model variants of the new BMW X6 feature standard 19-inch light-alloy wheels. Additional 19-inch as well as 20-inch light-alloys are also available.

Optimized functionality: variable-use load compartment, hands-free tailgate opening and closing.
The variability of the interior has also been raised another notch. The rear seat backrests can now be split/folded 40 : 20 : 40, allowing the capacity of the load compartment to be increased in stages from 20.5 cu.ft. to a maximum of 53.9 cu.ft. Numerous storage compartments, plus door pockets which can accommodate 1.5-liter bottles at the front and one-liter bottles in the rear, also contribute to impressive levels of functionality in everyday and touring use.
Power tailgate operation is also included for the new BMW X6. The tailgate can now be both opened and closed via remote control and from the driver’s seat at the touch of a button. Maximum convenience for loading and unloading the new BMW X6 is provided by the hands-free trunk opening and closing function, which comes as part of the Comfort Access feature (standard on X6 xDrive50i/optional on X6 sDrive35i and X6 xDrive35i). Sensors detect foot movements underneath the rear apron and send out signals which prompt the electric tailgate into action.

The tailgate comes with a standard Soft Close Automatic function, which is also available for the doors as an option. The new BMW X6 also comes standard with a power glass sunroof whose surface has the same width but is almost five inches longer than on the previous model.

xLine: lending the exterior and interior an exclusive aura.
Customers keen to experience the new BMW X6 beyond its standard form may well be attracted by the xLine which provides a particularly vivid showcase for the assured presence and exclusive aura of the exterior. In addition, the Interior Design Packages bring additional luxury to the interior.

The xLine helps give the new BMW X6 an unmistakably exclusive appearance with a host of details, some of which – in addition to their uniform Cerium Grey color scheme – also have a model-specific design. These include optical underbody protection elements in stainless steel for the front and rear apron, illuminated door sills and footplates in aluminum for the driver’s and front passenger’s door, kidney grille bars with a distinctive geometry, bespoke inserts and bars for the air intakes, distinctive trim for the Air Breathers on the fenders, the trim strip on the trailing edge of the tailgate, and the exterior mirror caps. Adding a unique flourish to the side view is the combination of exterior mirror bases and B- and C-pillar trim in high-gloss black, plus aluminum surrounds in Cerium Grey for the side windows and exterior mirror caps. Another exclusive feature of the xLine is the 20-inch light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design and bi-color finish with mixed-size tires.

The Interior Design Packages are available in a choice of two similarly stylish variants sporting different color schemes. This option centers around Exclusive Nappa leather upholstery with extended features, an equipment item that includes seat surfaces in the new Ivory White/Black or Cognac/Black bi-color variants. The particularly high-grade leather in Ivory White or Cognac is applied to the seats, center console, armrests and door panels. In addition, the upper-arm trim panels and instrument panel are both lined with black full leather which, like the black bolsters of the seat surfaces and backrests, are adorned with contrast stitching. Depending on the color selected for the leather upholstery, the vehicle’s exclusive interior ambience can be rounded off by any of the available trims. The Interior Design Packages also include a car key with buttons in Pearl Gloss Chrome.

Making the case for maximum dynamics: M Sport for the new BMW X6.
M Sport can also be ordered for all models of the new BMW X6. The dynamic character of the Sports Activity Coupe is accentuated by aerodynamically optimized body elements with large air intakes at the front end, strikingly contoured side skirts, a diffuser insert for the rear apron, as well as a bespoke BMW kidney grille design with bars in matte aluminum and high-gloss chrome exhaust tailpipe embellishers in the trapezoidal geometry that is standard on the X6 xDrive50i. The lower borders of the wheel arches along with the side skirts are painted in body color. M Sport also includes BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line trim, 19-inch or optional 20 inch M light-alloy wheels, as well as the option to upgrade to the specially tuned Adaptive M suspension.

As well as aluminum door sill strips bearing the M logo and the anthracite-colored BMW Individual roof liner, features including electrically adjustable sports seats for the driver and front passenger, interior trim in Aluminum Hexagon, an M leather steering wheel and an M driver’s footrest all combine to bring an intense aura of sporty driving to the interior of the new BMW X6. A specially designed car key is also part of M Sport.

Multi-award winning 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline six powers new
X6 sDrive35i and X6 xDrive35i

The new X6 sDrive35i and X6 xDrive35i will be powered by BMW’s 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline-6 engine (internally known as N55). It develops maximum output of 300 hp at 5,800 rpm, with peak torque of 300 lb-ft available all the way from 1,200–5,000 rpm. The N55 engine was the first BMW inline-6 to combine turbocharging, High Precision direct fuel injection, and Valvetronic variable intake technology. It features a single, mid-sized turbocharger with a “twin-scroll” housing to boost performance and minimize response lag. Using Valvetronic for the first time on a turbocharged inline-6 allows the engine to “inhale” air more efficiently for combustion with virtually no delay and with reduced pumping losses. The X6 sDrive35i and X6 xDrive35i will accelerate from 0 – 60 mph in six seconds flat. That is 0.3 seconds quicker than the previous generation X6 xDrive35i. Thanks to a lower curb weight and other EfficientDynamics measures it is also expected to be more efficient (EPA mileage estimates will be available closer to launch).

BMW X6 xDrive 50i features the latest TwinPower Turbo V8
The 4.4-liter V-8 engine (N63) that powers the outgoing X6 xDrive50i receives an upgrade from its successor. The unique “reverse-flow” engine, whose two turbochargers are positioned in the V-area between the cylinder banks is well known for producing an instantaneous and sustained wave of power, making it a delight for the enthusiast driver. This new version of the engine adds BMW’s Valvetronic variable valve timing to the list of specifications. As a result, the new version of the engine (N63TÜ) develops a maximum

445 hp between 5,500 and 6,000 rpm (a 50 hp increase), and makes peak torque of 480 lb- ft between 2,000 and 4,500 rpm (a 30 lb-ft increase). This newest TwinPower Turbo V8 powers the new X6 xDrive50i from 0-60 mph in just 4.8 seconds, 0.4 seconds quicker than its predecessor. Thanks to the addition of Valvetronic, lower curb weight and other EfficientDynamics measures, the new X6 xDrive50i will also see significant efficiency gains (EPA mileage estimates will be available closer to launch).

BMW EfficientDynamics: eight-speed automatic and ECO PRO mode with new functions.
All models in the new BMW X6 lineup feature a standard eight-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission, whose high internal efficiency, precision and short shift times help to improve both efficiency and responsiveness. The transmission offers a “launch control” function, a high-precision traction control system which allows engine power to be translated as efficiently as possible into road speed when accelerating from a standstill.

The new BMW X6 includes an ECO PRO mode as part of the standard Driving Dynamics Control. In ECO PRO mode, the engine management, accelerator response and transmission characteristics are systematically tailored to support a particularly fuel-efficient, low-rpm driving style. At the same time, ECO PRO mode also programs electrically powered functions like the climate control, heated seats and heated exterior mirrors for extra-efficient energy management. In ECO PRO mode, a coasting function periodically decouples the engine from the rest of the powertrain whenever the driver eases off the accelerator at speeds between 30 – 100 mph without then applying the brakes. This allows the new BMW X6 to coast without engine braking, for maximized fuel efficiency. In conjunction with the standard Navigation system, highly fuel-efficient ECO PRO navigation routes can be selected. When the navigation system is activated, the Proactive Driving Assistant function also tells the driver exactly when to ease off the accelerator when approaching corners or a speed-restricted section of road, in order to save fuel.

Along with the additional ECO PRO mode functions, the new BMW X6 also comes with many other BMW EfficientDynamics features. These include Brake Energy Regeneration, Auto Start/Stop, on-demand operation of ancillary units, Electric Power Steering, and a variety of weight- and drag-reducing features. Along with other measures, use of ultra-high- tensile steels in the body structure, thermoplastics in the front fenders, aluminum in the hood and magnesium in the instrument panel support all help to reduce curb weight. Intelligent lightweight design also means that the increase in standard equipment compared with the previous model does not translate to increased vehicle weight. The curb weights for the new X6 xDrive35i and X6 xDrive50i are both reduced compared to their direct predecessors.

The BMW X6 also offers best-in-class aerodynamic design. Air Curtains, the Air Breather system, air deflectors on the front wheel arches and a range of other detail improvements reduce the drag coefficient (Cd).

The standard BMW Navigation System allows highly fuel-efficient ECO PRO navigation routes to be selected. When the route guidance function is activated, the Proactive Driving Assistant also tells the driver exactly when best to ease off the accelerator – in the interests of saving fuel – when approaching corners or a speed-restricted section of road, for example.
BMW xDrive and Dynamic Performance Control: intelligent all-wheel drive and torque vectoring.

By constantly shifting drive between the front and rear wheels as required, BMW xDrive provides a very special take on the driving pleasure for which BMW is renowned. In its latest version, the transfer case of the intelligent all-wheel drive displays enhanced efficiency and a three pound reduction in weight. The link-up between the all-wheel-drive system and DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) even allows the drive split to be adjusted in advance. As a result, all-wheel-drive performance is on hand even before slip can occur – not only on snow and loose gravel, but also through dynamically taken corners – and the engine’s full power is transmitted to the road.

Dynamic Performance Control allows the distribution of power to be even more finely adjusted. This electronically controlled system is integrated into the rear differential. Working in tandem with xDrive, it creates an intoxicating blend of handling dynamics and directional stability. Dynamic Performance Control, which is available as part of the optional Dynamic Handling Package, seamlessly varies the power split between the rear wheels (torque vectoring). This results in further noticeable improvements in steering response and road- holding at all speeds. Dynamic Performance Control maintains its stabilizing action if the driver lifts off the accelerator through a corner.

The all-wheel driving experience is further enriched by the new xDrive status display in the Control Display, particularly when driving off the beaten path. Boasting 3D graphics, this feature shows real-time information on body roll and pitch. A compass display is additionally shown in the instrument cluster. Also contributing to safe and self-assured progress on challenging terrain is the Hill Descent Control (HDC) system, which is standard on xDrive models.
The ongoing evolution of the Sports Activity Coupe concept has enabled the new BMW X6 to offer an even broader variety of qualities than its predecessor. Enhanced dynamics go hand in hand with improved efficiency, the vehicle’s sporting prowess and versatility have been optimized, as have ride comfort and safety. The cabin ambience has gained in luxury and interior functionality which has also been taken to the next level. Much of the credit for this eye-catching progress goes to the targeted advances in chassis technology made with the new BMW X6 and a body structure rooted in the principle of intelligent lightweight design.

The combination of a double-wishbone, double-pivot front suspension and the proven integral rear suspension, patented by BMW, underpins a blend of sporting agility and impressive ride comfort that none of its rivals can match. Further improvements have been made in various areas, including the car’s directional stability, the friction coefficient of the wheel bearings, tire noise and weight, which has been reduced by 4.4 pounds on the front suspension alone.
The new BMW X6 is fitted with Electric Power Steering including Servotronic speed- sensitive power assistance. Meanwhile, Active Steering – available as an option – also adjusts the steering ratio to the car’s current speed. This reduces the steering effort required for low-speed maneuvering, for example, and provides precise responses and clear feedback at high speeds. The electromechanical parking brake with Auto Hold function is again standard on the new BMW X6.

Chassis packages tailor sporting responses and comfort levels to customer requirements.
Individual requirements in terms of ride comfort and sports performance can be fulfilled with the chassis options and packages available for the new BMW X6. Dynamic Damper Control and air suspension with automatic self-leveling for the rear suspension is available as a stand-alone option. The electronic control system adapts the car’s damping to the road conditions and driving situation at hand. Adaptive M suspension, which is an optional upgrade with M Sport, offers the same functionality. Activating SPORT or SPORT+ mode delivers particularly firm spring and damper characteristics.

The elements of the Dynamic Handling Package intervene noticeably to imbue the BMW X6 with particularly sporty handling characteristics through corners. Here, Dynamic Performance Control and the active roll stabilization system optimize directional stability and reduce body roll. In addition, Dynamic Damper Control and rear air suspension are also included with the package.

Intelligent lightweight design: increased body rigidity, reduced weight.
The success of the intelligent lightweight design techniques applied in the development of the body structure for the new BMW X6 can be seen in the vehicle’s fuel consumption as well as its agility in the hands of a sporty driver. Measures such as the considered use of high and ultra-high tensile as well as hot-stamped steels lend the body of the X6 improved torsional stiffness compared with its predecessor and increase the strength of the safety passenger cell.

Ultra-high-strength steels along with the use of thermoplastics in the fenders, aluminum in the hood and magnesium in the instrument panel support, all help to reduce the weight of the X6. Overall, the significantly expanded standard specification of the new car compared to its predecessor has not, therefore, led to higher numbers on the scales. In actual fact, given identical equipment levels the new BMW X6 would actually be up to 35 – 55 pounds lighter, depending on the model. Moreover, this intelligent mix of materials helps to achieve a virtually 50:50 weight distribution.

The new BMW X6 also sets new standards when it comes to aerodynamics. Air Curtains, Air Breathers, optimized airflow over the rear, air deflectors on the front wheel arches, and an array of other details allow the car’s drag coefficient to drop as far as Cd 0.34.

The new BMW X6 is equipped to offer hallmark BMW driving pleasure. A prime example is its extensive range of BMW ConnectedDrive features. The Sports Activity Coupe’s innovative driver assistance systems and mobility services improve active safety and comfort and allow even more effortless and convenient use of infotainment services. The number and variety of such functions offered by the new BMW X6 to support intelligent connectivity between driver, vehicle and the outside world is unique in this class.
The BMW ConnectedDrive systems fall into two categories. The driver assistance systems provide important information about the current driving situation which, among other things helps to improve the driver’s focus on the road and traffic. They also assist drivers in a variety of driving situations. The second category of systems comprises services and Apps, which offer a host of different functions. Via a mobile phone or internet connection, these functions supply information and entertainment services to support a driving experience which is safe, comfortable and engaging. The standard iDrive system with Control Display, and favorites buttons provides intuitive, low-distraction operation of these functions. It includes a 10.2-inch central dashboard display and a center console-mounted touchpad Controller with touch-sensitive interface for inputting numbers and characters.

Active Driving Assistant available on the new BMW X6.
In addition to cruise control with braking function, the new BMW X6 also is available with Active Driving Assistant. This camera-based driver assistance system includes Lane Departure Warning, which can be used whenever the vehicle is travelling at a speed of more than 44 mph. Lane Departure Warning alerts drivers with a visible signal in the instrument cluster and a vibration of the steering wheel if they have inadvertently drifted out of their lane. The option, which is included in the Driver Assistance Plus Package, also includes a Pedestrian and Collision Warning system with Braking function.

This system detects preceding vehicles and, at speeds up to 37 mph, it also detects pedestrians who are on a potential collision course with the vehicle. Visual and audible warnings are given if a hazardous situation is detected, and at the same time the brake system is primed in order to reduce stopping distance. At speeds of up to 37mph, moderate “hazard” braking is also actuated, to reduce vehicle speed and to alert the driver to the critical situation.

ACC Stop & GO + Active Driving Assistant.
The optional ACC Stop & GO + Active Driving Assistant option provides even more extensive support. In addition to the Driving Assistant functions, this system also includes the Active Cruise Control system with Stop & Go function which primarily enhances comfort and safety in slow-moving and stop-go traffic. The task of maintaining a safe following distance can be delegated to this system at any speed up to 130 mph. A combination of a front camera and full-range radar sensors registers preceding traffic and stationary vehicles. If the driver fails to react to a warning of an imminent frontal collision, Driving Assistant Plus automatically brakes the vehicle, if necessary using maximum deceleration.

Also included in the Driver Assistance Plus Package is Speed Limit Info, which shows the speed limit for a particular road in the instrument cluster, while the Active Blind Spot Detection system, assesses the traffic situation on multi-lane roads in order to prevent critical situations when pulling out to overtake. When performing an intentional lane change at any speed upwards of (12 mph), the driver is warned by a visual signal and a steering wheel vibration if another vehicle is hidden in the critical area behind or alongside the new BMW X6.
Parallel parking made easy with the Parking Assistant.

Additional convenience when driving in town is provided by the optional Parking Assistant. This system helps the driver identify and drive into parallel parking spaces. When the parking button is pressed, the new BMW X6 parks itself automatically in the selected parking space. While performing this precisely controlled maneuver, the system provides the necessary steering input, while the driver operates the accelerator and brake pedal, and selects the correct gear.

Further aids to easy maneuvering include the standard Park Distance Control (PDC), with sensors at the front and rear of the vehicle the optional rear-view camera and optional Surround View system, which shows a 360-degree view of the vehicle and its surroundings in the Control Display, while the Panorama View front and rear monitoring function provides a better view of cross-traffic when emerging from an exit with poor visibility. The image provided by the cameras is shown in the iDrive display, while an audible warning signal indicates objects approaching the car from the side.

At-a-glance monitoring: multifunction display, BMW Head-Up Display, LED fog lights, BMW Selective Beam, BMW Night Vision.
The new BMW X6 includes a freely programmable Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster. This 10.2-inch display changes its appearance depending on the selected Driving Dynamics Control mode. Clear differentiation between the various modes is provided by different-style graphics and different color schemes. In COMFORT mode, the display shows a classic array of four circular dials. In ECO PRO mode, the rev counter is transformed into an EfficientDynamics display. In SPORT mode, the speed is displayed digitally in the form of a large figure in the center of the speedometer, while the currently engaged gear is displayed in the center of the rev counter.

For the new BMW X6, the BMW Head-Up Display – which projects important information in full color onto the windshield – now includes additional content. When required, telephone contact lists and entertainment information can also be projected into the driver’s direct field of view. As well as vehicle speed, 3D graphics also show Check Control messages, navigation information – including lane recommendations, speed limits – and other information supplied by the driver assistance systems.

Driving enjoyment and safety at night can be enhanced by the optional Adaptive LED Headlights with automatic high beams. Also available for the new BMW X6 is the BMW Night Vision system, which now detects not only pedestrians but animals as well. The system relays a real-time video image to the Control Display showing people, larger animals and other heat-radiating objects, even if they are outside the headlight beam. A warning is provided if there is a risk of collision.

BMW Assist eCall and TeleService.
The new BMW X6 is equipped with the BMW Assist eCall system and TeleService including a 10 year subscription. The system relays important information to the BMW Call Center in the event of a crash, such as vehicle position (accurate to within feet), chassis number, vehicle model, vehicle color and data from the onboard sensors. The system also detects how many people are travelling in the vehicle, which airbags were activated and the intensity of the impact. Thanks to the company’s ground-breaking Urgency Algorithm, the system also uses data from the vehicle’s crash sensors to assess and transmit the likelihood of severe injury. This makes it easier to supply first responders with critical information in a timely fashion.

TeleService monitors its service needs, such as engine oil and brakes. When necessary, the vehicle transmits its status and service needs to BMW. The customer’s BMW Service Center can access the vehicle-related data and a BMW Service Advisor can then call the customer to schedule a convenient appointment.

Perfect connectivity with BMW ConnectedDrive Services available at all times.
BMW Assist in the new X6 includes Remote Services such as vehicle unlocking and stolen vehicle recovery. Also available is the optional Concierge Service – a telephone information service which BMW ConnectedDrive customers can use, say, to make hotel or restaurant reservations, look for addresses and telephone numbers or check opening times. BMW Online is also available.
BMW ConnectedDrive Office functions, supported either by the customer’s smartphone or by the built-in SIM card, allow the Sports Activity Coupe to be used as a mobile office. Emails, appointments, contact lists, calendar entries and notes can be shown on the Control Display. A dictating function converts spoken notes into text, which can be stored and forwarded as an SMS or email message.

BMW Apps is standard in the new X6. Among other things these apps support web radio functions, social media functions such Facebook and Twitter, and the range of online entertainment features provided by BMW ConnectedDrive. This flexible apps strategy makes it possible to incorporate not just proprietary BMW Group apps but also BMW Apps- ready applications from other providers such as Pandora, Audible, Stitcher, Rhapsody, TuneIn and Glympse.

Wallpapers

2015 BMW X6 Wallpapers

2015 BMW X6 Exterior

2015 BMW X6 M50d in Flamenco Red

2015 BMW X6 Interior

2015 BMW X6 Design Process

Videos

Tech Specs

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.46.24 AM.jpg
Views: 46545
Size:  317.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.46.36 AM.jpg
Views: 46100
Size:  289.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.46.47 AM.jpg
Views: 45837
Size:  297.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.46.58 AM.jpg
Views: 43311
Size:  296.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.47.11 AM.jpg
Views: 42966
Size:  297.5 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.47.20 AM.jpg
Views: 42746
Size:  256.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.48.04 AM.jpg
Views: 42523
Size:  111.1 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.48.21 AM.jpg
Views: 42406
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.48.35 AM.jpg
Views: 42472
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 6.48.43 AM.jpg
Views: 45257
Size:  203.8 KB

Pricing
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
Z8chP
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330cic zhp

The rear is so squashed looking from the sides. It's like any ugly little economy car today. Narrow width with a ridiculously high belt line.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
professor_yo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
This X6 has a very strong presence. I'm really liking it. Very beefed up, but in an elegant enough way that you still know it's Bavarian.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Pretty much looks like what I thought it was going to. X6 back with X5 front. Looks good though. Impressed that it saved weight.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
solarstone
Latvia
Rep
Drives: M sport

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
CARBON1230
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Really nice bi-color interior.
I think it looks much better than E71.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
FANBMWM
If in doubt flat out - Colin Mcrae
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 LCI SMB M2 LCI LBB

Garage List
2010 BMW 760li  [10.00]
Why is it so ugly !!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

I really think its miles above it's successor.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #9
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Didn't they learn their lesson the first time? Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #10
Zayken
Private
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: IX1 30e / f40 118i

Very very nice interior.

Very very bad choice to introduce it on this brown colour .

i think i will like it a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #11
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

i see no point in this model BUT, isn't it supposed to be more sleek? i think the current X6 looks much better. this thing looks literally like a pig with its flat nose up front. proportions were much better in the old version.

i think the new x5 looks awesome but this thing wow its pretty ugly.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
professor_yo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI

I really think its miles above it's successor.
Do you mean predecessor???
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #13
Pavit
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: Bimmer Beauty

Garage List
Overall looks nice... but the rear lights... looks meh... or need to see it in another colour...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: E89 z4

Not as good as Chris Bangles design. The new design has too much design floating on the surface.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: E89 z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3
i see no point in this model BUT, isn't it supposed to be more sleek? i think the current X6 looks much better. this thing looks literally like a pig with its flat nose up front. proportions were much better in the old version.

i think the new x5 looks awesome but this thing wow its pretty ugly.
I also like the current one. More Sporty
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #16
3M TAPE
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

How is this possible BMW?

It's uglier than the predecessor X6!

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #17
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Still like the X5 shape a tad more but looking forward to seeing it in flesh.
Interior is the business though

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_yo View Post
Do you mean predecessor???
never doubt a man's fortune-telling abilities

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #18
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Sorry but E71 X6 looks better.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Interior is gorgeous.

As for exterior, current is better looking.

I wonder when they're going to get over this "headlights must connect to grill" phase.

It's so weird. Our eyes don't blend into our noses. It looks... freaky.

And ugly, to be blunt.
      06-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #20
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANBMWM View Post
Why is it so ugly !!!!!!!!
That's what she said

but seriously, what's with the weight? X5 was on a much better diet plan I guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5love View Post
Interior is gorgeous.

As for exterior, current is better looking.

I wonder when they're going to get over this "headlights must connect to grill" phase.

It's so weird. Our eyes don't blend into our noses. It looks... freaky.

And ugly, to be blunt.
actually our eyes kind of do blend into our noses (bridge)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #22
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

love love this car

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0