Drives: 2016 X5M (F85)

Post $200 "Finders Fee" for parts

Hey guys, first time on bimmerpost here

I picked up a 2016 F85 X5M about a month ago, and its been amazing

Although two weeks ago I got hit while parked

Name:  damn.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  139.6 KB

I didn't like how the body shop said I should replace my trunk and have paint blended with the quarter panel, so I'm looking for oem painted parts off of other cars. I've searched around with no luck in my specific color (Silverstone II Metallic), so I'm here offering a finders fee if you can find a guy with the parts I need

1) Silverstone II Metallic rear bumper cover with tow hook covers ($100 finders fee)

2) Silverstone II Metallic Trunk Lid ($100)

Reply with a link if you guys find anything and I can send you the money thru PayPal.

Thanks!!

Last edited by helsamna; 10-14-2023 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: contact info
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 12:02 PM   #2
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

prepare to be spammed by scammers. you should take your contact info down.
      10-14-2023, 12:20 PM   #3
S EyeLand
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

My last X5M was SSMII, I had a dink on the trunk lid, they said the same thing. They pushed me not to get the repair done bc it wouldn't look perfect with a repair and the replacement would be way too expensive to be worth it. I ended up trading it in. Not sure what makes this paint such a hassle, but no one wanted to work on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
prepare to be spammed by scammers. you should take your contact info down.
This. You need to get a few posts under your belt and be able to communicate with people through DM on this site, otherwise you're asking for a headache as this place is inundated with scammers.

GL finding your parts, aside from Melbourne Red and Long Beach Blue, SSII is the rarest F85 color.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #5
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

If it was my personal vehicle i would recommend
A) find a good pdr guy to push to paint the current damage on the liftgate (remove the emblem for now), this will likely cost 350-450 to bring it close.
B) find a different bodyshop, a good one , let them properly spray that section without doing area around the plate etc. the damage is on the curved area so minor color difference will be acceptable given location and emblem. Has to be a pro shop to do that. This will cost 200-350 for just that section and proper color match
C) i would ask another shop to repair the bumper, but unfortunately some will refuse due to nearby park sensors location. On a good side if they agree to repair they can keep the primer/color inside the body curves to avoid blending into the quarters.

Key to all this is a pro shop, pro shop would know that new bumper/liftgate in silverstone could be a few shades off and look different, pro shop would know that used parts can come painted or scuffed, pro shop would focus on means to keep repair area small and offering solutions other than getting used parts that will come in repainted , dented, and scuffed , theres ways to make all this work without spending 2k+ on used parts that will still require pdr and paint. Find a good shop/dent guy

PS on the bumper its a close call unfortunately. Liftgate pdr, prime, spot base and clear the whole section.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 06:35 AM   #6
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

Rear repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentprotony@gmail.com View Post
If it was my personal vehicle i would recommend
A) find a good pdr guy to push to paint the current damage on the liftgate (remove the emblem for now), this will likely cost 350-450 to bring it close.
B) find a different bodyshop, a good one , let them properly spray that section without doing area around the plate etc. the damage is on the curved area so minor color difference will be acceptable given location and emblem. Has to be a pro shop to do that. This will cost 200-350 for just that section and proper color match
C) i would ask another shop to repair the bumper, but unfortunately some will refuse due to nearby park sensors location. On a good side if they agree to repair they can keep the primer/color inside the body curves to avoid blending into the quarters.

Key to all this is a pro shop, pro shop would know that new bumper/liftgate in silverstone could be a few shades off and look different, pro shop would know that used parts can come painted or scuffed, pro shop would focus on means to keep repair area small and offering solutions other than getting used parts that will come in repainted , dented, and scuffed , theres ways to make all this work without spending 2k+ on used parts that will still require pdr and paint. Find a good shop/dent guy

PS on the bumper its a close call unfortunately. Liftgate pdr, prime, spot base and clear the whole section.

This is the best advise ( this is what I would have done )

I would not paint quarters if .... the shop will use PPG waterborne system that is pretty fricken good match for the paint. I would pain only the upper gate and bumper cover that is it.
Finding it used perfect condition, no chance of that happening

good luck with the repairs either way
Appreciate 0