BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
HungerfordX5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

Questions about lifetime replacement in FCP Euro

When I asked a question about my X5 in this site last year, I learned that you could by parts one time and get free replacements. So I bought an engine oil filter, a micro filter, and a cabin air filter from them. It is about a year now, and recently the X5 got engine oil service in the dealer, who told me to replace the engine air filter.

I read Lifetime Replacement Guarantee on this page

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Here are my questions:

1. The website says "When you need a replacement", how does a car owner or the store determine the right time for a replacement?

2. The website says "Consumable items intended for single use are ineligible for warranty or LRG returns". Do engine oil filter, micro filter, and cabin air filter belong to the category of "single use"?

3. For the filters I bought, is one year of use long enough? I don't want to be considered as "Customers with an excessively high return rate or frequency" and disqualified for replacement.

4. The website says "You will receive a customer credit in the amount of your original order". Is this a store credit?

Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for any info!

Best.

Last edited by HungerfordX5; 08-09-2023 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
destroy26165.00
      08-09-2023, 04:39 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerfordX5 View Post
When I asked a question about my X5 in this site last year, I learned that you could by parts one time and get free replacements. So I bought an engine oil filter, a micro filter, and a cabin air filter from them. It is about a year now, and recently the X5 got engine oil service in the dealer, who told me to replace the engine air filter.

I read Lifetime Replacement Guarantee on this page

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Here are my questions:

1. The website says "When you need a replacement", how does a car owner or the store determine the right time for a replacement?

2. The website says "Consumable items intended for single use are ineligible for warranty or LRG returns". Do engine oil filter, micro filter, and cabin air filter belong to the category of "single use"?

3. For the filters I bought, is one year of use long enough? I don't want to be considered as "Customers with an excessively high return rate or frequency" and disqualified for replacement.

4. The website says "You will receive a customer credit in the amount of your original order". Is this a store credit?

Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for any info!

Best.
1. Whenever its service interval or replacement needed.
2.No this is for the items you can not return after use:
Quote:
Consumable items intended for single use are ineligible for warranty or LRG returns. Examples include additives, cleaners, shop supplies, etc.
FAQ section says:
Quote:
Yes, our lifetime replacement covers every single part we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, spark plugs, gaskets, rotors, filters, belts, wiper blades, etc. This covers every part across every brand, including OE, OEM, genuine, performance, aftermarket, and re-manufactured parts.
3. I would think so, if your air filter is dirty it makes sense to get it replaced.
4. Yes, customer credit for your account
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 08:54 PM   #3
HungerfordX5
Private
Rep

RED_Y_

Thanks for your information!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 11:59 PM   #4
crystalworks
Captain
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerfordX5 View Post
RED_Y_

Thanks for your information!
Everything RED_Y_ said. Except 4 can also be a credit back to you card.

During my last LRG return they were able to credit my CC used. They said they don't automatically do that anymore (instead doing store credit) because they were running into issues where cards were no longer active. So you do have a choice, unless that has changed since my last return (~10 months ago).
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 12:25 AM   #5
Dking078
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Everything RED_Y_ said. Except 4 can also be a credit back to you card.

During my last LRG return they were able to credit my CC used. They said they don't automatically do that anymore (instead doing store credit) because they were running into issues where cards were no longer active. So you do have a choice, unless that has changed since my last return (~10 months ago).
It depends on the ORIGINAL purchase date of prior (now worn) parts being returned. I think the cut off was all orders being used as reference for replacement before Nov-22???? Can be credited back to your CC if asked. All orders placed from that time forward and subsequent replacements resulting there in are account credits only.

Ie. You bought a oil kit in Oct-22. Then bought another oil kit in 2023 (and did an oil return against your Oct-22 order), you can get a credit to CC. But if you bought it in Dec-22, you only get account credits.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #6
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

if you want the most accurate return/exchange policy you should call FCP and ask them directly
      08-10-2023, 09:58 AM   #7
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dking078 View Post
It depends on the ORIGINAL purchase date of prior (now worn) parts being returned. I think the cut off was all orders being used as reference for replacement before Nov-22???? Can be credited back to your CC if asked. All orders placed from that time forward and subsequent replacements resulting there in are account credits only.

Ie. You bought a oil kit in Oct-22. Then bought another oil kit in 2023 (and did an oil return against your Oct-22 order), you can get a credit to CC. But if you bought it in Dec-22, you only get account credits.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Store credit is much less appealing for the LRG. At least IMO, might have to re-evaluate my purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 11:57 AM   #8
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Store credit is much less appealing for the LRG. At least IMO, might have to re-evaluate my purchasing.
IMO, it doesn't matter much considering you're replenshing/buying from them again. whats the difference?
      08-10-2023, 12:34 PM   #9
HungerfordX5
Private
Rep

crystalworks orks
Dking078
shimmy23

Thanks for chiming in! Your info is helpful.
Best.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 03:01 PM   #10
Monkeypoop
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw X5 sDrive

Does that include oil? Just asking but I am gonna reach out to them..

TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #11
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypoop View Post
Does that include oil? Just asking but I am gonna reach out to them..

TIA
yes. like 80% of what they sell qaulifies. if you also shop their store and put things in your cart, it tells you if its part of their warranty. Now, that being said... the cost of shipping has increased significantly in the past couple of years. ask yourself if its worth saving $40 to repackage your oil and send it out.
      08-11-2023, 03:28 PM   #12
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
IMO, it doesn't matter much considering you're replenshing/buying from them again. whats the difference?
If you're only using it for maintenance items... for sure. But if I am ordering another complete suspension for a car ($1200) or other expensive replacement parts, I want it credited to my card.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2023, 06:26 PM   #13
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep

Quote:
If you're only using it for maintenance items... for sure. But if I am ordering another complete suspension for a car ($1200) or other expensive replacement parts, I want it credited to my card.
and ship all that back? lol. to each their own. i understand what ya mean tho. cash back is always best
      08-12-2023, 11:14 AM   #14
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Just returned my oil a couple months ago and got the credit. Cost me like $25 to return if I recall. Forgot the darn oil filter as it was trashed. Oh well. Worth it for sure for stuff like this. Or the wishbones that need to be replaced every couple years. Lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 06:08 AM   #15
srybicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 98 M3

3 BMWs in the garage it's damn worth it. Sitting on 500 in store credit.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 10:31 AM   #16
JamesInSJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

It takes a *little* work, but if you have multiple BMWs (I've got 3 like srybicki) you can roll your credits into each car parts. You just have to pace what parts you're replacing. So I bought parts for my X5, returned the worn stuff, then used the credits to buy parts for my X3, returned the worn stuff, and on to my other car, or back and forth, whatever you need.

They no longer do returns for refund back to credit card unless it's within 3 months on new parts only. Lifetime guarantee returns are good for store credit only. Sadly, that means the suspension replacement crystalworks mentioned is really tough to process through the lifetime guarantee. Might have to do it in phases to not suck up a ton of cash into credits.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2023, 10:47 AM   #17
crystalworks
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInSJ View Post
They no longer do returns for refund back to credit card unless it's within 3 months on new parts only. Lifetime guarantee returns are good for store credit only. Sadly, that means the suspension replacement crystalworks mentioned is really tough to process through the lifetime guarantee. Might have to do it in phases to not suck up a ton of cash into credits.
Thanks for that. Yeah, that does change my buying habits a bit. LoL, I was fine paying the 5-10% premium FCP charges but if the LRG becomes "work" to rotate credits/parts... it might change where I spend my $5-10k/yr.

Everything good comes to an end I guess. IE Best Buy Rewards program. Is what it is I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 02:44 PM   #18
HungerfordX5
Private
Rep

Surprised to see the conversation continues after I got my answers. Thanks to the experienced BMW customers for sharing your thoughts and experience. I learn from you.
Best.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 07:50 AM   #19
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Still a huge fan of FCP's lifetime guarantee, however I started noticing some parts being pulled from their catalog or renumbered. I still save a ton of money with their credit system.

FYI, ECS started a lifetime guarantee model on some parts as well (post 6/1/23 purchases only): https://www.ecstuning.com/LifetimeReplacement/
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 12:15 PM   #20
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Not in the US but it sounds you guys have it very good with this company… am I understanding right - you buy a part once, and when it needs replacement for wear and tear you send it back and they give you credit to buy a new one?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 12:20 PM   #21
JamesInSJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDO View Post
Not in the US but it sounds you guys have it very good with this company… am I understanding right - you buy a part once, and when it needs replacement for wear and tear you send it back and they give you credit to buy a new one?
Yes. Even oil. Just things that can't be separated, like an additive (LiquiMoly MOS2, for example) are excluded.

ECStuning started a similar service that doesn't include oil / fluids.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 01:25 PM   #22
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

No, you buy a replacement, and send the old part back referencing the replacement order for a store credit (used to be $$ refund until last year).
Appreciate 0