BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
KPop
KPop
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Horse and Buggy

32k-Mile 2011 E92 M3 on BAT

I try to watch the market pretty closely on our cars and this one just came on BAT recently (Full disclosure: I have no connection to the seller - maybe it's one of us?).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-11/

The commentary is usually the best part. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. My guess is around low-to-mid 30's.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I'm guessing mid 30s as well. Not sure if these cars have really touched on that BaT crowd just yet. This would be a good example to test those waters on.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
GT3fan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90m

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
I'm guessing mid 30s as well. Not sure if these cars have really touched on that BaT crowd just yet. This would be a good example to test those waters on.
Just curious. Is BaT more for older cars? I originally thought it was for cars that needed work and trailer to take home.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG2M3 View Post
Just curious. Is BaT more for older cars? I originally thought it was for cars that needed work and trailer to take home.
Far from it! Bring a Trailer is the best auction place for the "cool" cars. Fantastic mix of both old and modern. I've personally never purchased anything from there, but because there is actual interaction between the buyers, the seller, and the community, you get an extremely comprehensive look into the car even if you are 3000 miles away. I've never seen anything on there that would be classified as "junk" other than something that is super rare and people will still buy for the restore value.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #5
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
That appears to be both a nice looking and well kept car and a professional looking ad.

Never knew the site existed, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
M_Three90.00
      11-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #6
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

I've seen cars go for much lower then they suppose to go for on that site and then some that just go through the roof. It all depends who's on those last 2 minutes. Remember if you bid in last 2 minutes clock keeps resetting another 2 mins. Great to have popcorn handy. I've also seen a lot of nice e36 m3's pop up and seems like they are increasing in value slowly.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
I've seen cars go for much lower then they suppose to go for on that site and then some that just go through the roof. It all depends who's on those last 2 minutes. Remember if you bid in last 2 minutes clock keeps resetting another 2 mins. Great to have popcorn handy. I've also seen a lot of nice e36 m3's pop up and seems like they are increasing in value slowly.
Perfect example.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-ford-f150/

We still have, effectively, this identical truck that was purchased brand new within the family. We use it to make runs to the dump and Home Depot. I don't think my grandfather paid that much for his new on the Ford Lot in '95...
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I'm a long time follower of BAT. Comments are generally great and shady buyer, and sellers occasionally get exposed and booted...IE a dealer reneged on sale of nice e39 M5 because he didn't set a reserve and somebody stole the the thing for 25K!
One of the nice features on BAT is you can search prior auctions to get a gauge of market value, especially on common auctions like e46 M3 (of which there have been a lot).
Here is '12 19k-mile e92 M3 that sold recently for $39k: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-bmw-m3-3/
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #9
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

That's very low for 19k miles
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #10
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
That's very low for 19k miles
Agreed. Somebody got a deal. Especially on a one-owner example with all the whistles and a European Delivery and all.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #11
KPop
KPop
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Horse and Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ringmeister View Post
I'm a long time follower of BAT. Comments are generally great and shady buyer, and sellers occasionally get exposed and booted...IE a dealer reneged on sale of nice e39 M5 because he didn't set a reserve and somebody stole the the thing for 25K!
One of the nice features on BAT is you can search prior auctions to get a gauge of market value, especially on common auctions like e46 M3 (of which there have been a lot).
Here is '12 19k-mile e92 M3 that sold recently for $39k: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-bmw-m3-3/
Seeing prior auction prices and comments is my favorite part about BAT and has proven helpful in buying/selling cars myself. There's a ton of good sales data in public domain on that site.

For those who are curious, according to Simiarweb, BAT gets about 3.2M pageviews per month, so it's a fairly reasonable gauge of the enthusiast market. BAT used in conjunction with Ebay sale prices will get you pretty close to what a car is worth in today's enthusiast market.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

I thought about using BaT last year when I was selling my mint 05 E46 M3 with just over 30k miles. And when I say mint, it truly was...all service up to date, no subframe issues, vanos redone, brand new MPSS rubber, and 9.5 out of 10 inside about out. They told me it was worth $26k based on previous sales history. I thought that was way low so i passed...ended up selling for $33k just a few weeks later to someone else.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #13
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

White car with beige interior.

pass...
      11-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthuziast View Post
White car with beige interior.

pass...
Was about to day that myself but it's a also a No Nav M3. The cockpit is rare and beatiful witout the screen and iDrive. That makes it very cool for me and with the black dash and pastic trim not so bad. It would be awful if it had tan plastic parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #15
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Was about to day that myself but it's a also a No Nav M3. The cockpit is rare and beatiful witout the screen and iDrive. That makes it very cool for me and with the black dash and pastic trim not so bad. It would be awful if it had tan plastic parts.
So a stripper, but no EDC and no M drive.

Funny how the picture of the stick was taken just elevated enough to not show the missing buttons.
      11-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #16
'ringmeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmye92 View Post
I thought about using BaT last year when I was selling my mint 05 E46 M3 with just over 30k miles. And when I say mint, it truly was...all service up to date, no subframe issues, vanos redone, brand new MPSS rubber, and 9.5 out of 10 inside about out. They told me it was worth $26k based on previous sales history. I thought that was way low so i passed...ended up selling for $33k just a few weeks later to someone else.
Unless your car was SMG, or convert i think they were being very conservative at 26K. Check out the graph of prior e46m3 sales and there are 3 recent sales between $32-$40k. All with same or more mileage than yours. Granted one had a desirable color combo. Regardless 33k is a good number:
https://bringatrailer.com/bmw/e46-m3/
Appreciate 1
Foggins1334.50
      11-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #17
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthuziast View Post
So a stripper, but no EDC and no M drive.

Funny how the picture of the stick was taken just elevated enough to not show the missing buttons.
It's not a stripper. It has power seats and power folding mirrors. A real stripper would have the manual seats and even cloth.

What's really funny is that not having EDC and all the fluff is what makes it cool to many of us. My comment was positive in that despite the weird color, it's nice to see a manly car without EDC, nav and all the foofy tech bloat.

The cockpit of this car is lovely in its simplicity and somewhat rare because most M3s came with tech pacakage and NAV. The nav cockpit is not as attractive as the simple one here.

EDC is fluff so guys can run 19" wheels but get a softer more compliant ride that has been marketed as a performance enhancement and compared to F1 dynamic suspensions. This is absolute bunk. I have worked in a world class IMSA GTP team and the dynamic suspensions in racing cars have one purpose, to make the car go faster around the track. Period. That is the whole and absolute purpose of F1 dynamic suspensions. Their purpose is not to keep some guys coffee from jumping out of the cupholder or give him a comfy ride with 1 inch of sidewall. The EDC in M3 is there for the guys that don't understand that real race cars have smaller lighter wheels and some sidewall with firm suspensions.

So there is no knock for not having EDC and actually when I look for M3s, I look for strippers because those are the purest and most special of the M3 breed. This one is not quite there, but still stands out positively for the lovely dash and mechanical suspension.

The Cayman GT4 and GT3 don't have EDC, maybe those guys should be embarrased also?
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #18
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
It's not a stripper. It has power seats and power folding mirrors. A real stripper would have the manual seats and even cloth.

What's really funny is that not having EDC and all the fluff is what makes it cool to many of us. My comment was positive in that despite the weird color, it's nice to see a manly car without EDC, nav and all the foofy tech bloat.

The cockpit of this car is lovely in its simplicity and somewhat rare because most M3s came with tech pacakage and NAV. The nav cockpit is not as attractive as the simple one here.

EDC is fluff so guys can run 19" wheels but get a softer more compliant ride that has been marketed as a performance enhancement and compared to F1 dynamic suspensions. This is absolute bunk. I have worked in a world class IMSA GTP team and the dynamic suspensions in racing cars have one purpose, to make the car go faster around the track. Period. That is the whole and absolute purpose of F1 dynamic suspensions. Their purpose is not to keep some guys coffee from jumping out of the cupholder or give him a comfy ride with 1 inch of sidewall. The EDC in M3 is there for the guys that don't understand that real race cars have smaller lighter wheels and some sidewall with firm suspensions.

So there is no knock for not having EDC and actually when I look for M3s, I look for strippers because those are the purest and most special of the M3 breed. This one is not quite there, but still stands out positively for the lovely dash and mechanical suspension.

The Cayman GT4 and GT3 don't have EDC, maybe those guys should be embarrased also?
The GT4 and GT3 have PASM, same thing. If you'd used the M2 as an example you may of had a point, however small.

The rest of your post just sounds like someone who doesn't have EDC justifying why its better. Your post has no real factual argument, you just sound like a luddite..

Nice looking car, not a fan of that interior colour though.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Quote:

The GT4 and GT3 have PASM, same thing. If you'd used the M2 as an example you may of had a point, however small.

The rest of your post just sounds like someone who doesn't have EDC justifying why its better. Your post has no real factual argument, you just sound like a luddite..

Nice looking car, not a fan of that interior colour though.
Sadly I forgot about PASM . Good point . You can call me ludiré if you want but don't have to justify not having EDC or anything else. You strike me as the most sickening of M3 owners on here that think that if someone doesn't order extended leather over cloth it's because they can't afford it. You are the worst part of this forum guys that don't get why someone wouldn't get all the fluff even if they could easily afford and put down other ones based an class. That is how this whole thing started. You insinuated that the poster would be embarrassed and hide not having edc. You turned what was a positive comment about pretty dash into a
Put down. My 1M doesn't have nav nor edc nor sunroof nor automatic and I paid more for it used than the same year m3 goes for. Only throwing that out there because I know that's next for you. You were going to throw out that I couldn't afford an m3. Just thought I would save you time.

Anyway good luck getting high on your snobby remarks. You might end up being president one day.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #20
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Sadly I forgot about PASM . Good point . You can call me ludiré if you want but don't have to justify not having EDC or anything else. You strike me as the most sickening of M3 owners on here that think that if someone doesn't order extended leather over cloth it's because they can't afford it. You are the worst part of this forum guys that don't get why someone wouldn't get all the fluff even if they could easily afford and put down other ones based an class. That is how this whole thing started. You insinuated that the poster would be embarrassed and hide not having edc. You turned what was a positive comment about pretty dash into a
Put down. My 1M doesn't have nav nor edc nor sunroof nor automatic and I paid more for it used than the same year m3 goes for. Only throwing that out there because I know that's next for you. You were going to throw out that I couldn't afford an m3. Just thought I would save you time.

Anyway good luck getting high on your snobby remarks. You might end up being president one day.
Calm down, I've made one post in this thread so far.. I think you are confused.

I posted because you were making comments about EDC owners being ignorant. If you can post some factual argument as to why non EDC is superior i'm all ears! Until then, the ability to set your suspension firmness to suit would seem a benefit to me. I have a car equipped with EDC and I think its excellent, but as I understand it standard suspension is also good.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #21
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I posted because you were making comments about EDC owners being ignorant. If you can post some factual argument as to why non EDC is superior i'm all ears! Until then, the ability to set your suspension firmness to suit would seem a benefit to me. I have a car equipped with EDC and I think its excellent, but as I understand it standard suspension is also good.
I have non-EDC and it's great! Sometimes I do wish that I had the ability to calm it down once in a while for just driving around, though.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      11-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #22
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

yeah iphone has limitations. Though you were guy taking shot because the M3 didn't have EDC and saying he was trying to hide it. If not you, then my mistake.

On a more important note, all of us should be grateful that we can argue about EDC and BMWs while people have real problems...my bad. So on that note, Cheers, Peace and Love to everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.
Appreciate 0