BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

02-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
Marky Mark
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 xDrive35i

Michelin CrossClimate SUV's or Michelin Premier LTX? or a different all season?

Hello all, I have the stock xLine 19" wheels and need to replace the all seasons that I have on there.

I was looking at the Michelin CrossClimate SUV's and Michelin Premier LTX

The stock Pirelli Scorpions suck.

Does anyone have any experience with these two tires, or could they recommend a good all season?

Thanks
MPPK+MPE, Premium Package, xLine, Driver Assistance Plus, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection, ACC Stop& Go + Active Driving Assistant, harmon/kardon Surround Sound System, Space-Saver Spare, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Poplar Wood Trim, towing package
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 08:27 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

I got Vredestein Quatrac Pro from TireRack and absolutely love them, I updated to 20" rims and and with these tires got way more comfort, less noise and very decent handling quality.
A few members here got them too and got same positive results:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1667942
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1767338
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1750438
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 04:57 AM   #3
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Hello all, I have the stock xLine 19" wheels and need to replace the all seasons that I have on there.

Does anyone have any experience with these two tires, or could they recommend a good all season?

Thanks
There are two types of pirelli scorpio's now (both are RFT). I have now a slightly more expensive version on 20" and they are far better. Having staggered setup pirelli scorpio was my only RFT choice available (staggered 19" or 20"). I know this tyre as i had it on E71 X6, the F15 (my second F15 now bought this tyre and it is way better). For. Summer RFt i would recommend Micheline Altitude sport RFT aso newer version and big difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:23 AM   #4
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post

Thanks
The stock Pirelli Scorpion Run Flats did suck. I put on the Premier LTX in non run flats. Much quieter, much smoother ride than the Scorpions, but I wish they were quieter. Not sure how quiet the CC's are. A friend just put the CC2's on his Camry and he really likes them. I don't think you will go wrong with either. I think the CC's might be a little better in the snow if that matters to you. The LTX are great in the dry and rain but they don't feel really 'stuck' in the snow.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #5
X Mon™
Reads books at a 4th grade level; I'm an enabler
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d, 335i Msport, X3, 325iX

Garage List
You didn't mention size. I'm on a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HPs (read not an LTX truck tire) on my '15 35d. They are a BMW RSC (read Run Flat) in at least the 255/55R-18 I run.

I've been very pleased with them over the junk Bridgestone Duelers that were on it off the lot. So far I've got ~3500 miles on them, and on the short change rotation from new, the wear is even and consistent across all the tread grooves. Mind you the X5 is my long haul highway cruiser and trailer tow pig, not my corner carver.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #6
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
I got Vredestein Quatrac Pro from TireRack and absolutely love them, I updated to 20" rims and and with these tires got way more comfort, less noise and very decent handling quality.
A few members here got them too and got same positive results:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1667942
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1767338
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1750438
I agree with RED_Y_. Vredestein is really good.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 05:12 PM   #7
Marky Mark
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
The stock Pirelli Scorpion Run Flats did suck. I put on the Premier LTX in non run flats. Much quieter, much smoother ride than the Scorpions, but I wish they were quieter. Not sure how quiet the CC's are. A friend just put the CC2's on his Camry and he really likes them. I don't think you will go wrong with either. I think the CC's might be a little better in the snow if that matters to you. The LTX are great in the dry and rain but they don't feel really 'stuck' in the snow.
I went with the Premier LTX. I did want the CrossClimate SUV's, Costco had a sale with $150 off of their already lower than anyone else's price.

In my area (Westchester, NY) we really don' get snow like we did this year. And being that the vehicle is AWD, I figured that the extra $400 would be better in my pocket.

That being said, the other major deciding factor was the tread wear of the Premier LTX. The groves in the tires get wider as the tires get older and more worn out which will make them perform much better as the tires age.

Just the other day, I parked on a hill and my car began to slide backward while in park... the old tires are worn, and the tread wear definitely caused this.

Hopefully Michelin's design will prevent this from happening again.
MPPK+MPE, Premium Package, xLine, Driver Assistance Plus, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection, ACC Stop& Go + Active Driving Assistant, harmon/kardon Surround Sound System, Space-Saver Spare, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Poplar Wood Trim, towing package
Appreciate 0