BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M

Sydney drivers.. small rant

so today i encountered a rather unpleasant incident on the road
all started up on old windsor road, just enjoying a nice spirited drive home after lunch, next thing you know some absolute dick in an old camry starts cutting me off for no apparent reason.. i let him be until he decided to deliberately DANGEROUSLY cut me off again, at this point i was very angry (call it road rage if you want), so i was pissed off and cut him off. when i reached the next set of traffic lights, he guns it and cuts in front of me before my car comes to a stop and slams the brakes as hard as possible that his tyres were smoking, gets out of his car and grabs me through the window and starts yapping away and provoking me to get out and 'have some fun' (no homo), me and my close friend push him off and his wife tells yells at him to get the f*** back in the car.. also the truck driver behind me who witnessed the incident was ready to pummel his ass. he then proceeds to tell me to DRIVE PROPERLY?!?!? LIKE WTF! I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO WAS DRIVING LIKE AN IDIOT! honestly, if i wanted i could sue this asshole for physically abusing me for no reason when he was the one who started the whole situation.. jeez
i have never actually been so angry while driving, most likely just messing around with me because my car is rocking red p plates.. i cannot fathom how much i hate people like that..

sorry for the rant, but i feel it was necessary

i could use a good read if any of you guys have had some similar incidents
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Man I sympathise with you. The dude sounds like a major crazy...

I was driving one day towards bondi on cleveland rd crossing the anzac parade when the taxi in the left lane starts cutting half into my lane as we're going around a right bend. I politely beeped him to warm him he was drifting lanes, literally like a split second beep, and he goes back into his lane. Next thing I know he cuts right in front of me and slams his brakes for no reason. Probably shouldn't have done the next bit but naturally I was pissed off big time so I overtook him (easily) just before the road turned into a single lane each way (the road alongside bicentennial with all the speed humps and roundabouts) and proceeded to drive about 5kph, slowing down for each speed bump, all the while he keeps high beaming and honking his horn. After maybe 1-2 minutes of this treatment he eventually gets fed up and next thing I know he's on the wrong side of the road crossing the double lines going about 60+kph right over speed bumps and blocks both sides of the road before coming to a stop. He then gets out of his cab and coming towards me yelling "you want fuck with me?!?". I just drove around him as there was an extra lane for resident parking and left him standing in the middle of the road like a douche.

Whilst it was quite annoying, and then funny, and then scary, in hindsight it's probably not the best idea to get involved in these things as who knows what kind of crazy these people are, what weapons they might be carrying and what kind of level they're willing to escalate things to when angry.
      09-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Unkie
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Damn man. He grabbed you through your window??
Good thing you stayed in your car.
I would have grabbed him back and then sped off - lynching him by the side of my car, and let go at speeds. He gabbed you, you drove off in fear - pretty easy to defend that.

A HD dashcam would have come in handy here to record and report his ass (whether anything will come of it is another matter).
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

You never know who is a road psychopath out there, best to keep cool and avoid getting into any confrontation. And that's why I installed one of those blackbox in-car cameras. There is no dispute with evidence at hands.

This is captured on a blackbox camera:

Drive safe guys.
      09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Sadly a lot of people are on the drug ICE or one of many precribed psychotropic drugs.
      09-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Man I sympathise with you. The dude sounds like a major crazy...

I was driving one day towards bondi on cleveland rd crossing the anzac parade when the taxi in the left lane starts cutting half into my lane as we're going around a right bend. I politely beeped him to warm him he was drifting lanes, literally like a split second beep, and he goes back into his lane. Next thing I know he cuts right in front of me and slams his brakes for no reason. Probably shouldn't have done the next bit but naturally I was pissed off big time so I overtook him (easily) just before the road turned into a single lane each way (the road alongside bicentennial with all the speed humps and roundabouts) and proceeded to drive about 5kph, slowing down for each speed bump, all the while he keeps high beaming and honking his horn. After maybe 1-2 minutes of this treatment he eventually gets fed up and next thing I know he's on the wrong side of the road crossing the double lines going about 60+kph right over speed bumps and blocks both sides of the road before coming to a stop. He then gets out of his cab and coming towards me yelling "you want fuck with me?!?". I just drove around him as there was an extra lane for resident parking and left him standing in the middle of the road like a douche.

Whilst it was quite annoying, and then funny, and then scary, in hindsight it's probably not the best idea to get involved in these things as who knows what kind of crazy these people are, what weapons they might be carrying and what kind of level they're willing to escalate things to when angry.
Damn froop.. sounds like a typical cab driver to me though, they're generally crazy (no offence), glad to know you avoided that. As much as I wanted to avoid the situation I couldn't since there was traffic and I was at a red light eh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkie View Post
Damn man. He grabbed you through your window??
Good thing you stayed in your car.
I would have grabbed him back and then sped off - lynching him by the side of my car, and let go at speeds. He gabbed you, you drove off in fear - pretty easy to defend that.

A HD dashcam would have come in handy here to record and report his ass (whether anything will come of it is another matter).
Yeah, he literally slammed the brakes in front of me while my car was going ~30km/h, jumped out and pulled me through my window when I wanted to ask wtf is his problem, all he wanted to do was start a fight. And believe me, if I had a dash cam, wouldn't even skip a beat to report his ass to the cops..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOz View Post
You never know who is a road psychopath out there, best to keep cool and avoid getting into any confrontation. And that's why I installed one of those blackbox in-car cameras. There is no dispute with evidence at hands.

Drive safe guys.
I've never seen such madness.. That guy obviously has some serious issues. Probably a good idea for me to install one also, after this incident occurred zzz, cheers for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS135i View Post
Sadly a lot of people are on the drug ICE or one of many precribed psychotropic drugs.
Lol, wouldn't be surprised if this guy was on something.. was a complete mental!

edit: also had some jackass key my car at uni while i was in class.. a line straight through the left front guard

Last edited by Chandon; 09-06-2013 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Linwe
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 120i E87

I would say more driving experience may later mellow you out as you realise it isn't worth it with these people. A cut for a cut never solves anything. Some people treat their shit cars like shit so if there is a prang or he rams you, the camry is worth nothing while it hurts big time seeing one's baby damaged (like the keying...bastards!).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

Quote:

Drive safe guys.
Perhaps a side comment but:

a) thats terrible

b) why cant the police find that guy?

Within 1 minute I've found the guys name, address, mobile number, occupation, marriage status,
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

reading youtube comments look like others have identified this too that guy got 2 years probation and 6 months ban from driving
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #11
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn
reading youtube comments look like others have identified this too that guy got 2 years probation and 6 months ban from driving
Only 6 months?.... What is wrong with this world.
      09-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Only 6 months?.... What is wrong with this world.
+1.. should be life ban lol
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
so today i encountered a rather unpleasant incident on the road
all started up on old windsor road, just enjoying a nice spirited drive home after lunch, next thing you know some absolute dick in an old camry starts cutting me off for no apparent reason.. i let him be until he decided to deliberately DANGEROUSLY cut me off again, at this point i was very angry (call it road rage if you want), so i was pissed off and cut him off. when i reached the next set of traffic lights, he guns it and cuts in front of me before my car comes to a stop and slams the brakes as hard as possible that his tyres were smoking, gets out of his car and grabs me through the window and starts yapping away and provoking me to get out and 'have some fun' (no homo), me and my close friend push him off and his wife tells yells at him to get the f*** back in the car.. also the truck driver behind me who witnessed the incident was ready to pummel his ass. he then proceeds to tell me to DRIVE PROPERLY?!?!? LIKE WTF! I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO WAS DRIVING LIKE AN IDIOT! honestly, if i wanted i could sue this asshole for physically abusing me for no reason when he was the one who started the whole situation.. jeez
i have never actually been so angry while driving, most likely just messing around with me because my car is rocking red p plates.. i cannot fathom how much i hate people like that..

sorry for the rant, but i feel it was necessary

i could use a good read if any of you guys have had some similar incidents
are you sure it wasnt a lexus with a hat n tissues on the rear parcel shelf? could be me?

Seriously you shoulda got out and given him a whack with ya club lock you got from mum and dad when you got your red P's
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

You should have just overtake him and leave it as that...

By cutting him off you are raising a challenge and if you are not prepared to step up to it why do it in the first place?

It's totally not worth it cause you are not getting paid for this.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
skidz
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1mers nuts :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post

does the same go for sex
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #16
bmwbimbo
Ashlee
Australia
Rep
Drives: LeMans 120D E87

Just on the weekend a friend and I went to the drive through at the notorious Brookvale McDonald's - bunch of young drunken idiots are hanging around the exit of the drive through but I took no notice - next thing I know I'm waiting in drive through to get my food and see about 7 guys running towards my car - then jumping on the bonnet and trying to climb onto the roof... I'm a girl and my friend and I were freaking out, because I was in drive through i couldn't get away so I just yelled ans beeped my horn at them until they got off - and then as I exited the drive through they grabbed the drinks from the guys hands as he went to hand them to me, threw them at my car - and another threw a soft serve and then they all ran up and put their hands through the windows stole my hat and my friend got punched in the face... After all this we finally got away and they yelled "that's what you get for driving a BMW" luckily there was only a few small scratches - pretty annoying but atleast there was no serious damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbimbo View Post

Just on the weekend a friend and I went to the drive through at the notorious Brookvale McDonald's - bunch of young drunken idiots are hanging around the exit of the drive through but I took no notice - next thing I know I'm waiting in drive through to get my food and see about 7 guys running towards my car - then jumping on the bonnet and trying to climb onto the roof... I'm a girl and my friend and I were freaking out, because I was in drive through i couldn't get away so I just yelled ans beeped my horn at them until they got off - and then as I exited the drive through they grabbed the drinks from the guys hands as he went to hand them to me, threw them at my car - and another threw a soft serve and then they all ran up and put their hands through the windows stole my hat and my friend got punched in the face... After all this we finally got away and they yelled "that's what you get for driving a BMW" luckily there was only a few small scratches - pretty annoying but atleast there was no serious damage.
That's terrible. Surely McDonalds should have done something about it. You were on their property as a customer and they should be paying for the damages on your car. Surely they have CCTV recording of the event and chances are those thugs would be local too. The police should be involved imo.
      09-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #18
bmwbimbo
Ashlee
Australia
Rep
Drives: LeMans 120D E87

Angry

Quote:
That's terrible. Surely McDonalds should have done something about it. You were on their property as a customer and they should be paying for the damages on your car. Surely they have CCTV recording of the event and chances are those thugs would be local too. The police should be involved imo.
Luckily the police had been following them all night (they'd obviously been causing havoc with more people than just me) and they turned up just after it happened, so i went and spoke to them about it, they checked my car for damage and said they'd deal with it, but cops are pretty useless these days so i doubt any of them actually got in any kind of trouble!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbimbo
Quote:
Luckily the police had been following them all night (they'd obviously been causing havoc with more people than just me) and they turned up just after it happened, so i went and spoke to them about it, they checked my car for damage and said they'd deal with it, but cops are pretty useless these days so i doubt any of them actually got in any kind of trouble!
Well malicious damage to property, common assault, theft of property are all things that come to mind... You'd hope some or all of them would at least be charged with some or all of those offences.
      09-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #20
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
You should have just overtake him and leave it as that...

By cutting him off you are raising a challenge and if you are not prepared to step up to it why do it in the first place?

Believe me, if he didn't get back in his car I was prepared to go berserk on his stubby ass.. seeing as he had already made physical contact with me first I could just claim self defence if charged.

But I know where you're coming from.. just a spur of the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Seriously? They knew you were a girl and they still came forward and attacked? What has this world even come to lol. "That's what you get for driving a BMW".. Seems like jealousy at its finest, glad you got out okay though.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #22
TS135i
piggy in the mirror
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 135i

Quote:

Corperate fast food outlets always attracts low life degenerates. You are what you eat.