09-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg_27 View Post
yah the non m sport models have a recommended 18" winter tire, but the m sport model has a recommended 19" winter tire.

I don' think the bolt/offset changed at all, it's more brake clearance or similar issues I am wondering about.
M Sport does not have different brakes. And the smaller wheels would not affect it. Shape of the fender and bumper would take away from the aggressiveness of the look when coupled with smaller wheels, but should that not affect the achieved winter convenience of higher tire walls.

Easiest thing to do is try one of them on where you would buy your winter tires. If they fit, you would buy the tires.

BTW I recommend Nokian Hakkapeliita 8 for studded or 2 for stud-less. Great tires ....which I used on my R500 with AMG package. I too used a smaller wheel size which looked a bit out of place with the AMG trim, but it was wonderful in the mountains.