MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
I guess I'm the only sucker.
I'm getting average of 10~12mpg on my 3.5i mostly local driving. 3rd tank so far. Highest I got was about 18~20mpg when I did 70% highway.
Gas vs diesel. Is car broken in? Are you enjoying thrilling acceleration? A/C? EcoPro? We have not seen posted pics but many 35i owners have reported 26-28 mpg for highway. Also, looks like after break-in, you do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxembourg View Post
Engine: 30d (US: 35d)
Mode: EcoPro data only
Negative / Positive Factors:
- usually fully loaded on long trips. Example: 4 adults + 2 kids in the baby-seats (3rd row) + roof box for approx 3000km (1800mi) through France and Spain.
- light foot on long trips due to: kids and "vacation spirit" and crazy number of speed-cameras all over EU these days (France the worse...)
- I try to use EcoPro only on long stretches. For cold start-off, fast driving, city-cruising I avoid the EcoPro as much as possible........
Impressive data. Your best is at US 38.5mpg! And, your overall which includes stops, traffic and city driving at US 27.7mpg is unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
It's a good feeling to see that mpg creep up... completed 1200 miles ...31 mpg. After I got more miles on the clock the mpg seemed to improve. On the last leg .... 35.6 mpg.
Seems to be what we are hearing from everyone, that after break-in MPG improves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delviacv2 View Post
this is not as good as you guys got but compaired to my 2011 X5 35d that the most I can get is 24mpg on the same trip, this is awesome
You have higher avg. speed. than the other comps. Also, be mindful my results were affected by net downhill.

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-04-2015 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0