MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

LED, Low beam, ACC, adaptive cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
Can anyone who has ACC comment on its usefulness. I was thinking of adding that to my build, but want to hear from those who already have it. I frequently drive on freeway in moderate to heavy traffic and I thought it would be good for me
This is my second car with ACC. My first is an r500 '08. I would never buy another car without ACC. Because:
  • ACC makes cruise usable in busy freeways and very few people these day live in places where you can really use cruise. I will try to upload a video and edit this post later as I recently took a video of ACC in action (at slow speed), (pardon The Stranglers playing Always the Sun in the background), so come back to this post and look for it later. I play around with the speed setting in the video.
  • Even my older ACC has worked flawlessly. I don't have doubt in the system, but it take a while to build confience with it.
  • In addition to ACC the system comes with driver assist features for frontal collision and will stop the car completely even when cruise is not on, if you take your eyes off by mistake. This will never happen with ACC: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=1

The older Merc ACC has smoother speed adjustment, but the BMW is still very good.

Video is night time, so you can see LED low beams on the highway as well. I can't recommend them to everyone as the high beam is not stellar in my view. For me, the fact that low beams are superb, is good enough.

Last edited by MattBianco; 11-04-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0