02-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #13
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdipolo View Post
I cannot update the software on my X5 F15. It says the software is not compatible, and it is downloaded from http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html. What can I do?
Be sure VIN is correct. For my VIN (US car), this shows the latest software: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1091465 It may be that the update is not available for your market. Portions of the update may be for phone service carriers.

PM Sent with link to my downloaded file from the same site you tried, only for you to compare. If you update, at your own risk as I cannot be sure if the file downloaded for my VIN is compatible with yours. There is restore-to-prior-version option in the settings, but i would trust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Does this software update do anything to your custom coding??
It should not. They are only related to media drive and phone. If any coding is at risk it would be those who coded Enhanced Bluetooth without having the option, or video in motion for the media drive. My glancing at the XML code in the update files (see my link above) seems to point to bluetooth, device and language settings only. After VIN entry, you see this:

"Software update with BMW ConnectedDrive.
This updated software was specially provided to support the use of new mobile devices with Connectivity products from BMW:

- Hands-free kit with USB audio interface (optional equipment, code 6NH)
- Mobile phone preparation Bluetooth connectivity with USB audio interface (optional equipment, code 6NK)
- Mobile phone preparation Bluetooth connectivity with USB audio interface including BMW Assist (optional equipment, code 6NL)
- ConnectedDrive Services (optional equipment, code 6AK)
- Intelligent emergency calling (optional equipment, code 6AC)
- Convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity (optional equipment, code 6NS)
- Apps (optional equipment, code 6NR)

This update is valid for vehicles with production date from July 2012 to February 2014.

Consult the information on the software update for the benefits updated software offers to your vehicle and your device.

Find more information about compatibility here:

- www.bmw.com/bluetooth: BMW Bluetooth interface – approved and tested devices.
- www.bmw.com/usb: USB audio interface – approved and tested devices."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider View Post
Same problem here, and I know my X5 was a March 2014 production so I'm not sure what the problem is. Going to schedule an appointment at the shop to let them figure it out I guess...
Check your software version against my link above. There have been several updates since your production date.

NOTE TO ALL: if you do the the BMW software update, you still have to remove the connections in your bluetooth settings, and re-pair the devices.

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-15-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 1