01-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #8
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememagno
Thanks Matt! I do have surround view, so just need the cable. But which one of them is the right one? And how should have to be connected? Sensors in one end, and the other end to...?
My pleasure. Please click the links above and select the applicable features /options and the site shows you the specific parts. For cables, here for instance: http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...SA/61/61_3637/

As for connections and doing the actual work, I am quite useless. You will need input from one of the handy members. That said, as far as I can tell no one has ever done what you have embarked upon.

I advise you learn the coding as well. You may have to re code after every firmware (not iDrive firmware) for the car.

My biggest complaint with the system is that the amber LED triangle is too dim especially with sun behind you. If you have access, and figure out a way to replace the LED chip that would be good info.