01-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #112
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw4 View Post
I got a 2015 35i and have not been able to get more than 11-12mpg in city driving in comfort 90% of the time. I may punch it every now and then but otherwise stop and go driving.

I read about some people having issues w sensors and faulty readings. Is anyone else having such terrible mpg in city driving a 35i? Should I be surprised?
That does not sound far off if you punch it once in a while and are frequently in stop and go. Look at your average speed, and see if you are able to clock better than 20 mph. Also, has the car broken in yet? For most people it takes a good 1-2k miles before you reach that level.

When I first go the car and experimented more, I recall ruining 10 mile 24-25 mpg drives at average speeds of about 15-20 mph by punching it a few times, and brining it down to the mid teens (diesel).