BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning

well i read that for these funtions to work it have DTC (traction) disable and DSC on thats correct?

but i wanna know if theses 2 systems really stops the car by itself on a inminent collision, having the ACC off of course.

and a read somewhere about the City Collision Mitigation how do i know if i have that?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

as they say, they are just warnings with a little proactive role played by car.

when there is warning, it brings the break pads close to disc and when you press break it gives extra force

I got warning once on highway and when I pressed it, I felt that its more power than normal breaking
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuKEnFoLdMX View Post
well i read that for these funtions to work it have DTC (traction) disable and DSC on thats correct?

but i wanna know if theses 2 systems really stops the car by itself on a inminent collision, having the ACC off of course.

and a read somewhere about the City Collision Mitigation how do i know if i have that?

thanks

Per manual, even if you have ACC off collision protection can bring the car to a full stop, provided, as you have said DTC and DSC are active.

pg. 116-118 in the US manual:

"The system issues a warning if there is imminent danger of a collision and also includes a braking function.

If the vehicle is equipped with Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, the collision warning is controlled via the cruise control radar sensor in conjunction with a camera.

The collision warning is available even if cruise control has been deactivated.

When the vehicle is intentionally brought close to a vehicle, the collision warning is delayed to avoid false warnings."....

Prewarning "is issued, for example, when there is the impending danger of a collision or the distance to the vehicle ahead is too small.

Warning of the imminent danger of a collision when the vehicle approaches another object at a relatively high differential speed.

The acute warning prompts the driver to inter‐ vene and, if there is the danger of a collision, is accompanied by a braking intervention.

The braking intervention may be executed with maximum braking force and for a brief period only as necessary.

The intervention can bring the vehicle to a complete stop.

The braking intervention is executed only if DSC Dynamic Stability Control is switched on and Dynamic Traction Control DTC is activated."
      11-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

That sounds incredible.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
junbin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Is DSC/DTC on by default? I tried to press the DSC button, and it shows the DSC icon, but says DTC is now off...?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbin View Post
Is DSC/DTC on by default? I tried to press the DSC button, and it shows the DSC icon, but says DTC is now off...?
Nice and confusing: From the manual:

Deactivating DSC
Press and hold the button, but not longer than approx. 10 seconds, until the indicator lamp for DSC OFF lights up in the in‐ strument cluster and DSC OFF is displayed. The DSC system is switched off.

Activating DSC
Press the button.
DSC OFF and the DSC OFF indicator lamp go out.
Indicator/warning lamps
When DSC is deactivated, DSC OFF is dis‐ played in the instrument cluster.
The indicator lamp lights up: DSC is deactivated.

Activating DTC

Press the button.
TRACTION is displayed in the instru‐ ment cluster and the indicator lamp for DSC OFF lights up.

Deactivating DTC
Press the button again.
TRACTION and the DSC OFF indica‐ tor lamp go out.
When DTC is activated, TRACTION is dis‐ played in the tachometer.
      11-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep

thanks guys but the manual says that for The intervention can bring the vehicle to a complete stop.

DTC off
DSC on

i have never use the traction button even i thought that is was on because i never see the traction apear on the dash . its say only use traction when you are in snow o something like that.

so i am confuse now , will the car will make full stop or no?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbin View Post
no dtc is off by default in my case, i have to activated when i wanna used.
Appreciate 0