BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

View Poll Results: Alubeam Chrome Matte or Satin Grey?
Alubeam Chrome Matte 26 45.61%
Satin Grey 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

11-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #199
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
Wow....i don't typically like the mat finish, but I must admit that this is looking awesome. Really highlights the lines of the vehicle - I like it!

Not sure if you guys already went over this but what does the maintenance of this finish look like? Do you need to wash it with anything special? Wax?
Thank you . It's actually a Satin finish. Matte is too flat. Satin has a shine to it. Nothing special needed to wash it. Just regular car wash - less effort because dirt, grime, etc rinses right off easily. I'll ask in more detail when I get my car back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrockettHood View Post
The wait will be well worth it. Plus, you can rest easy knowing it is being done with great attention to detail.
True, but companies not doing their job that we order from is very aggravating. They were supposed to overnight the Carbon Fiber (the only reason why we chose to go with them over Vvivid Vinyl (they original company that would have taken 5-7 days to send the right one)). They didn't even send him the UPS tracking information and he got it from calling UPS directly and telling his personal info/address. Oracle was worthless and could not get the right so my friend found a better company called plasmaglow that makes the right aqua led. Trying to overnight it and see what happens.
      11-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #200
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Ok, so here is the final update. The second Carbon Fiber company shipped everything late and it will not arrive till Monday. We cancelled our order from Oracle due to their unprofessional round-a-about lack of knowledge on our order. We ordered new aqua lights from Plasmaglow, which will arrive Tuesday. I can't believe it's not going to be done till Wednesday....I have officially not had my car for 3 weeks....you can imagine how aggravated I am .
      11-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #201
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Congrats bro can't wait for the final product

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
      11-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #202
CrockettHood
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Ok, so here is the final update. The second Carbon Fiber company shipped everything late and it will not arrive till Monday. We cancelled our order from Oracle due to their unprofessional round-a-about lack of knowledge on our order. We ordered new aqua lights from Plasmaglow, which will arrive Tuesday. I can't believe it's not going to be done till Wednesday....I have officially not had my car for 3 weeks....you can imagine how aggravated I am .

Well, I can totally understand your frustration. Just try to look at the bright side, when you get it back on Wednesday it will be like having a brand new vehicle all over again!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #203
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well, I can totally understand your frustration. Just try to look at the bright side, when you get it back on Wednesday it will be like having a brand new vehicle all over again!
That's the only thing keeping me positive, lol. Thanks, buddy.
      12-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #204
CrockettHood
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche

One more day closer to Wednesday!
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #205
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

This is even better than the new Star Wars movie trailer eh!
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #206
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
One more day closer to Wednesday!
Each extra day has felt like a month, lol. Good news is the Carbon Fiber actually came today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Haha, thanks @Wobbles. I saw the Star Wars VII trailer and Jurassic World trailer and both look good . I'm not feeling the sword like light saber though; I don't really see the point of the side handle lasers, but we shall see, lol.
      12-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #207
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Opasha might break the internet.

I like big wraps and I cannot lie
You other drivers can't deny...

12-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #208
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Opasha might break the internet.

I like big wraps and I cannot lie
You other drivers can't deny...

LOL...so I guess if I wrap(rap), this would happen:

12-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #209
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Dude, where's your car?
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #210
rlemek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
Dude, where's your car?
The anticipation is killing us all!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #211
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Won't be ready till Friday. Resin coating takes 12 hours to dry apparently between applications/re-coats over the carbon fiber. Everything else is complete. I might swing by tomorrow morning to check on it with some updated pics. At this point, I just want it to be perfect. I've waited long enough, another day or two won't kill me, lol.
      12-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #212
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Paitently waiting for your updates OP. I am really excited to see the wrap. One thing. When you do post pictures could you please make sure the photos are white balanced correctly? I want to see the colors accurately and in all of its glory. Really I want to make a mental note for the future because your choice of color wrap is what I am considering.

Also any tips and a estimate costs by item and service would be great info for us members who want to make sure we are not over paying and for reference.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #213
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar View Post
Paitently waiting for your updates OP. I am really excited to see the wrap. One thing. When you do post pictures could you please make sure the photos are white balanced correctly? I want to see the colors accurately and in all of its glory. Really I want to make a mental note for the future because your choice of color wrap is what I am considering.

Also any tips and a estimate costs by item and service would be great info for us members who want to make sure we are not over paying and for reference.

Thank you.
Thanks . Majority of the pictures as I have mentioned were taken by my friend's Galaxy S3 that he sent me. They are not going to be high quality. The HQ pictures will be posted soon when complete - professional camera, don't worry. I have an eye for detail more than it seems . It's just tough taking phone pictures, especially in his dark garage where the space is a bit tight where the car is parked. It cannot be moved either...so yeah, I assure you his phone pictures do not do the car wrap justice at all, lol.

I will PM you the costs. However, you won't find these deals in bigger cities, so I got lucky because 1) I live in a smaller town 2) my friend did the job.
      12-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #214
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks . Majority of the pictures as I have mentioned were taken by my friend's Galaxy S3 that he sent me. They are not going to be high quality. The HQ pictures will be posted soon when complete - professional camera, don't worry. I have an eye for detail more than it seems . It's just tough taking phone pictures, especially in his dark garage where the space is a bit tight where the car is parked. It cannot be moved either...so yeah, I assure you his phone pictures do not do the car wrap justice at all, lol.

I will PM you the costs. However, you won't find these deals in bigger cities, so I got lucky because 1) I live in a smaller town 2) my friend did the job.
Thanks. Good to have friends that help out.

Correct me if I am wrong. So far we have seen the following:

New Carbon Steering Wheel
Interior panels wrapped in carbon fiber
Exterior total body wrap
Rear bumper carbon wrap?

Anything else?

I notice your wheels are pretty nice. 22"? Will you be lowering your car? Or other modifications? Audio? Bavarian speaker upgrade? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #215
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Good to have friends that help out.

Correct me if I am wrong. So far we have seen the following:

New Carbon Steering Wheel
Interior panels wrapped in carbon fiber
Exterior total body wrap
Rear bumper carbon wrap?

Anything else?

I notice your wheels are pretty nice. 22"? Will you be lowering your car? Or other modifications? Audio? Bavarian speaker upgrade? Thanks again.
1) Front bumper fins and black license plate holder will be carbon wrapped
2) Satin Blue powdercoated brakes.
3) Custom cut aqua illuminated door sills with same Satin Chrome Wrap finish

Yes, my wheels are 22" 310M replicas with Delinte D8 tires. Only cost me $1628 for everything from Wheel Plus.

Future mods:

1) Accuair suspension upgrade
2) BavSound audio hifi once it is released (not too happy with their progress overall - they said they would be working on over 6-7 months ago and still nothing)
3) Bigger Brake Kit when stock brakes wear out
4) Black Vue camera system
      12-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #216
wifi_niu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 M-Sport

WOW!
Nice Carbon Fiber M-Sport Steering Wheel!
I would definitely get them if it doesn't sacrifice the heating function
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #217
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
1) Front bumper fins and black license plate holder will be carbon wrapped
2) Satin Blue powdercoated brakes.
3) Custom cut aqua illuminated door sills with same Satin Chrome Wrap finish

Yes, my wheels are 22" 310M replicas with Delinte D8 tires. Only cost me $1628 for everything from Wheel Plus.

Future mods:

1) Accuair suspension upgrade
2) BavSound audio hifi once it is released (not too happy with their progress overall - they said they would be working on over 6-7 months ago and still nothing)
3) Bigger Brake Kit when stock brakes wear out
4) Black Vue camera system
How are the replicas? What is the tire size? I think they look great and a lot of value for the price you posted. Did you add TPMS?

Are there any other companies offering lowered springs or coilovers? I don't know much of accuair. So they are dynamically height adjustable all the time? So I can drive around slammed? or if I have 4 people raise it up and drive around?

I have FineVu 500 model in my car. I ran the wire into the ceiling and all the way to the trunk. You can't see it the wires at all in the interior. I tapped to a fuse box and also go some power 'thingy' which below a certain amount of voltage it will cut off so it doesn't drain your battery (since camera is can be motion sensor activated in park mode). One note FineVu only accepts max of 32GB. I used to look at the files when I first got it but now I don't even touch it. Good to have though.

Last edited by BananaCar; 12-04-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #218
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
How are the replicas? What is the tire size? I think they look great and a lot of value for the price you posted. Did you add TPMS?

Are there any other companies offering lowered springs or coilovers? I don't know much of accuair. So they are dynamically height adjustable all the time? So I can drive around slammed? or if I have 4 people raise it up and drive around?

I have FineVu 500 model in my car. I ran the wire into the ceiling and all the way to the trunk. You can't see it the wires at all in the interior. I tapped to a fuse box and also go some power 'thingy' which below a certain amount of voltage it will cut off so it doesn't drain your battery (since camera is can be motion sensor activated in park mode). One note FineVu only accepts max of 32GB. I used to look at the files when I first got it but now I don't even touch it. Good to have though.
I've had them on since April 2014. They are solid. I have thicker tread 285/35R22 Delinte D8 tires so the ride is smooth and I have no issues over small potholes and uneven roads.

Accuair will raise or lower the car, yes. I plan to have 3 settings: Slightly lower stance for better handling (kind of like r33), middle current stance, and higher stance for offroading or as you said for extra weight.

Nice camera option .
      12-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #219
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Awesome! Cant wait to see the finished product
      12-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #220
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep