08-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #23
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
If you are hacking, on other threads I have seen codes for changing the limit. I saved the text, but I don't recall where the thread is (possibly on non F15). I intend to code when I get my car back (now with dealer 18 days, with me 14). This is what I copied for later use, to give to a coder. I can't code.

User KTULA Light Anti Dazzle feature:
I've confirmed it indeed works. I did more than removing 5AP. I also removed 8S4. I then coded FEM_BODY with the new FA, and FDL coded these:

C_HBA_GRHB_ENA: changed werte from 00 to 01
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA: changed werte from 00 to 01

And optional setting for activation:
C_HBA_ENA_V_LO werte=18 (15 MPH)
C_HBA_ENA_V_HI werte=28 (25 MPH)

Other Method by “Frogman":
I didn't FDL code anything; I simply removed 5AP and 8S4 from the FA and VO coded FLA and FEM_BODY. That was it.

Another Portion from “Frogman"
FEM_BODY / 3073 / C_AFS_ENA should now be Fxxenable (was Fxxdisable)
FEM_BODY / 3073 / C_HBA_ENA should now be Fxxenable (was Fxxdisable)

FLA / 3000 / Lucid_Image_Height should now be Lucid (7A) (was Non-Lucid).
FLA / 3000 / Lucid_HL_Height should now be Lucid (40) (was Non-Lucid)

FLA / 3001 / DFL_Vehicle should now be Verbaut (was NichtVerbaut)
I'm not sure if all of this info is correct? When you VO code and remove the 5AP and 8S4 and then VO code the BDC_BODY and KAFAS all of the components to the GFHBA are automatically enabled and the correct wert values are in place. You shouldn't have to go through and enable anything If VO coded correctly.

You're right about changing the speed at which the HBA turns on and off. I put mine back to default, because at the lower speeds they were turning on and off like strobe lights due to the cars and change in speed around town.
      08-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #24
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag
Stole this from another forum.

"The HBA enables at 40 mph, yet if you slow down below 40mph once activated, it will continue to work until 20mph and then shut off. Also glare free will not work with your fog lights on. This system I believe is made for dark unlit roads, just like the roads BMW shows in their video. It does work in the city but any light it sees, it will think is a car. For instance I was coming over a hill and the car saw the stoplight low in the road so it thought it was the taillights of another car and made a tunnel around the stoplight. Another problem with using in the city is if there are multiple cars in its view, the system will just shut off completely. A quick easy test to see if the HBA will work is to aim your headlights at a wall. If it is coded correctly when you turn your fog lights on the left headlight will raise up and move in towards the center. When you turn off the fog lights the left headlight will lower and move left away from the center of the vehicle. If you don't have fog lights, obviously you can't do this test."

The video in this thread show it in action. Notice the blue high beam light only comes on above 40.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=850794
HA! You stole my post

There's a lot more coding talk on bimmerfest. Just FYI.

Last edited by skalberti; 08-30-2014 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #25
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
I'm not sure if all of this info is correct? ..........
Thanks for pointing out. Also, I was rightly corrected earlier.

I wish this forum had a feature where we could build a reference library for coding and DIY items, vs scattered info across 1000s of threads.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #26
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Thanks for pointing out. Also, I was rightly corrected earlier.

I wish this forum had a feature where we could build a reference library for coding and DIY items, vs scattered info across 1000s of threads.
Here's your one stop shop

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #27
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

So I coded the LED headlights last week and have been out of the country for the past week. So I decided to test them tonight. The VLD works great just like on my 5 series. However, the anti dazzle HBA I'm not so sure about. Compared with my car, all is the same, except the headlights are higher, I don't seem to get a black box over the car and as you can see towards the end of the video, an oncoming car flashed their HB's at me and the car I was coming up behind hit their brakes and moved over. Since the X5's are built in the states, I'm wondering if they're missing some hardware? On my 535, I've been using the anti dazzle HBA almost a year now with no problems or getting flashed by other drivers. I'm going to have to do more testing and comparison with my car.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #28
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
So I coded the LED headlights last week and have been out of the country for the past week. So I decided to test them tonight. The VLD works great just like on my 5 series. However, the anti dazzle HBA I'm not so sure about. Compared with my car, all is the same, except the headlights are higher, I don't seem to get a black box over the car and as you can see towards the end of the video, an oncoming car flashed their HB's at me and the car I was coming up behind hit their brakes and moved over. Since the X5's are built in the states, I'm wondering if they're missing some hardware? On my 535, I've been using the anti dazzle HBA almost a year now with no problems or getting flashed by other drivers. I'm going to have to do more testing and comparison with my car.

Do you think maybe the FDL coding we mentioned earlier is needed for the F15? The best way to test is have a friend or your significant other drive in front of you and let them point out what they see. I found that to be one of the best methods when checking headlight height/color/lumen output/wattage differentiation, especially when I've put in HID kits for our other SUVs. People said the 2014 ML350 was impossible to put HID kit in without flickering...well after much research and trial and error, I did it without issues using a resistor harness - my mother's ML350 now has Xenon lights at 55W without blinding anyone - the lumen output is just like the Bi-Xenon output of my car, but obviously I have a greater depth of field because they're pure Xenons.
      08-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #29
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Do you think maybe the FDL coding we mentioned earlier is needed for the F15? The best way to test is have a friend or your significant other drive in front of you and let them point out what they see. I found that to be one of the best methods when checking headlight height/color/lumen output/wattage differentiation, especially when I've put in HID kits for our other SUVs. People said the 2014 ML350 was impossible to put HID kit in without flickering...well after much research and trial and error, I did it without issues using a resistor harness - my mother's ML350 now has Xenon lights at 55W without blinding anyone - the lumen output is just like the Bi-Xenon output of my car, but obviously I have a greater depth of field because they're pure Xenons.
I went and turned on HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT -> Aktiv in HU_NBT

I went through Lamaster 1 and everything has been enabled. Maybe I should VO code TMS1 and TMS2, those are the two ecu's for the LED headlights. I VO coded them on my car, but others have said they were successful without coding the TMS ecu's so I didn't on my X5D. Maybe they were FOS when they told me that I'll VO code those and see where that gets me and report back.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 12:21 AM   #30
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I went and turned on HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT -> Aktiv in HU_NBT

I went through Lamaster 1 and everything has been enabled. Maybe I should VO code TMS1 and TMS2, those are the two ecu's for the LED headlights. I VO coded them on my car, but others have said they were successful without coding the TMS ecu's so I didn't on my X5D. Maybe they were FOS when they told me that I'll VO code those and see where that gets me and report back.
Well, I don't know the exact correlation, but these are the two links I posted, but no one reported because not many coders and not many that have LED that wanted to give feedback.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003379

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc.../t-763557.html
      08-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #31
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

To answer my own question I had a very different experience with the car today. We are so up north that we have light, so darkness comes relatively late, so testing them at the moment is harder. In the winter the sun doesnt come up almost at all, so I will get more experience.

I drove on the highway for about 5km in slowly creeping up darkness with still a little light, and man are these lights good. The beams hop on and off very quickly and intelligently, so they are definately made for higher speeds and highway. Best automatic high beam so far. So definately my problem has been that I mainly drive low speed winding poor roads, where I will have to put the high beams on manually.

5min later I felt how the combination of pedestrian detection, auto high beams and flying spot light work. Out of nowhere in the forest suddenly a bicycle comes just in front of me across the street. My high beams went on immediately at 51 km/h, the yellow pedestrian light came in the hud and the bright flickering spotlight marked the bicyclist the whole way. Amazing. I am so happy now I took the LEDs, night vision and HUD. They work so well together.

So my only complaint is that high beam automatics should work at speeds under 50 km/h, I dont understand why there is a speedlimit. This would help, if adaptation works even when manually putting high beams on, but i havent yet figured out if it does, I suspect it wont...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #33
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

To answer my own question, the manually set high beams (blue light) does not adapt, so when driving behid someone I could see well inside the car driving in front of me.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #34
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

@skalberti, any updates regarding the LED setup? I'm going to be helping someone code this feature in and want to make sure I do it correctly if it's 100% figured out yet or at least something I can use that works. I'm guessing for right now, the only thing to do is VO code and remove 5AP and 8S4?
      09-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #35
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
@skalberti, any updates regarding the LED setup? I'm going to be helping someone code this feature in and want to make sure I do it correctly if it's 100% figured out yet or at least something I can use that works. I'm guessing for right now, the only thing to do is VO code and remove 5AP and 8S4?
So last night I added the 5AP and 8S4 back to the VO and then coded BDC_BODY, KAFAS2. Then I turned around and removed 5AP and 8S4 and VO coded the BDC_BODY and KAFAS2 I didn't mess with VO coding any other ECU. Last night I didn't get flashed like I did before. The lights seem to be a little lower and move a lot more. I wasn't able to check for the black box over the car. Tomorrow night I'll drive with my wife again and test for the box and report back.
      09-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #36
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So last night I added the 5AP and 8S4 back to the VO and then coded BDC_BODY, KAFAS2. Then I turned around and removed 5AP and 8S4 and VO coded the BDC_BODY and KAFAS2 I didn't mess with VO coding any other ECU. Last night I didn't get flashed like I did before. The lights seem to be a little lower and move a lot more. I wasn't able to check for the black box over the car. Tomorrow night I'll drive with my wife again and test for the box and report back.
Waiting for anticipation for your report, and your exact codes. Also, have you changed the speed setting so that it comes on at slightly lower speed?
      01-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #37
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Found this from a link in Bimmerpost where a 50d owner mistakimgly bought a US spec LED light as a replacement. http://translate.google.com/translat...6%2F&sandbox=1

It covers the circuit for the EU spec light.
      01-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #38
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anti dazzle decoding ... Hardware clue?

Adding to my last post....

Trying to help this guy,....I could not overlook his comment that BMW told him the euro lights are the same as us version. Anti dazzle .... Could there be another piece of hardware, a controller of some sort? Now I am suspicious that the difference if any are related to beam patterns.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=819385

skalberti opasha shawnsheridan hyde
      01-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #39
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

I don't have time right now, but I'll dive deeper into this tonight and see if it's helpful. Thanks Niko .
      01-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #40
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
Adding to my last post....

Trying to help this guy,....I could not overlook his comment that BMW told him the euro lights are the same as us version. Anti dazzle .... Could there be another piece of hardware, a controller of some sort? Now I am suspicious that the difference if any are related to beam patterns.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=819385

skalberti opasha shawnsheridan hyde
I'm 97% sure this is hardware related and not coding. Maybe an external controller or something? I've coded mine just like catflaps with no success. We're missing something, just gotta figure out what it is.