BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Anti-Dazzle with LED headlights?

Has anyone coded this on their F15? I couldn't do it on my M6 GC but was able to do it on my 750i.

Is it possible on the F15 X5?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
No, we're missing shutters in the headlights that would create the tunnel effect. You'll get the moving lights, but you'll still blind the car ahead/incoming.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
No, we're missing shutters in the headlights that would create the tunnel effect. You'll get the moving lights, but you'll still blind the car ahead/incoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies View Post
Is the Selective Beam / Adaptive Beam (aka anti-dazzle) Option, something that comes with the automatic high beam function, but is not enabled, though something that can be coded ?
Coding Thread Page 88, 8 posts down has some more info on this... Some say they currently have this function, apparently its possible with the full LED headlights but not with Xenon... if you want to read a bit more here is the link to the Thread, hope that helps http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...033991&page=88

Quote:
What do you base this on?

Last edited by MrTookies; 12-03-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies
Quote:
Quote:
Is the Selective Beam / Adaptive Beam (aka anti-dazzle) Option, something that comes with the automatic high beam function, but is not enabled, though something that can be coded ?
Coding Thread Page 88, 8 posts down has some more info on this... Some say they currently have this function, apparently its possible with the full LED headlights but not with Xenon... if you want to read a bit more here is the link to the Thread, hope that helps http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...mp;amp;page=88

Quote:
What do you base this on?
I was offered to have this coded as well. When I brought my car to the guy to get coded last week, me mentioned that he could do that for me, but I opted out. Perhaps I made the right decision, since now that my car had a few things coded, other functions now seem glitchy... to say the least.

By the way, my car is a 2016 x6 with full LED package. The anti dazzling function was able to be coded, but I said no thanks.
      12-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I was offered to have this coded as well. When I brought my car to the guy to get coded last week, me mentioned that he could do that for me, but I opted out. Perhaps I made the right decision, since now that my car had a few things coded, other functions now seem glitchy... to say the least.

By the way, my car is a 2016 x6 with full LED package. The anti dazzling function was able to be coded, but I said no thanks.
Hm that is interesting...Not sure why you have the problems but I have a bunch of stuff coded and everything seems to work just perfect...
I give the credit to shawnsheridan ...

I think if its really possible, and work even semi fine I would give it a shot...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post

Hm that is interesting...Not sure why you have the problems but I have a bunch of stuff coded and everything seems to work just perfect...
I give the credit to shawnsheridan ...

I think if its really possible, and work even semi fine I would give it a shot...
I'm glad to hear things are working well for you after coding.

Either my car had some bugs upon delivery and they did surface during the first 2 weeks... or my coding gut is not on the same level of expertise as your guy.

I will give things till next week before I hit the reset button.
      12-04-2015, 12:55 AM   #7
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Mine was coded for me. I don't know what codes, but it works. I am never flashed.

I notice it lights up the right side quite a bit on the freeway, but when cars are in the adjacent lane, it drops the beam. On two lane roads I have never seen the light cause flashes, nor people reaching to dim their mirrors, nor a glare on the car in front of me.

The shadow box on mine is fare less noticeable than the demo videos, and it is more like what I see when i first turn on the light and drive at low speeds. Nevertheless, it works.
      12-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
Mine was coded for me. I don't know what codes, but it works. I am never flashed.

I notice it lights up the right side quite a bit on the freeway, but when cars are in the adjacent lane, it drops the beam. On two lane roads I have never seen the light cause flashes, nor people reaching to dim their mirrors, nor a glare on the car in front of me.

The shadow box on mine is fare less noticeable than the demo videos, and it is more like what I see when i first turn on the light and drive at low speeds. Nevertheless, it works.
Identical experience here. I also have LEDs and a 2015 X5
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Recently orderd 2016 with LED

Planning on coding... should I code the LED for anti dazzle or active from factory?
      12-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #10
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Planning on coding... should I code the LED for anti dazzle or active from factory?
code anti dazzle and variable light distribution. car is delivered with neither as the tech is not DOT approved.
      12-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #11
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
code anti dazzle and variable light distribution. car is delivered with neither as the tech is not DOT approved.
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1110249&page=4

Above Link will take you to the Solution.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #12
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1110249&page=4

Above Link will take you to the Solution.
Thank you. Got it.