BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Valet parking mode - like Tesla S or Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.

Guys,

Not sure if there is a way for us to lock the iDrive and prevent the valet parking guys fooling around, furthermore, can we limit how they "play" our cars, or can our car record what they're doing?

I know X5 isn't really the "sport" car, but I just hate people abusing it or browsing/modifying the settings, etc.

I guess F15 doesn't have the Valet mode, right? So, is there a way to lock my iDrive, or know what valet guys are doing? In the city, I frequently have to do the valet parking.

Also, in this thread, http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...highlight=dash , guys talked about the front camera purpose, if Chevrolet can do this, why not BMW couldn't do so?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/18/v...-red-corvette/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Would be nice, but I don't believe we will have it any time soon.
      01-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

I bet delivery mode would do that. Someone received car in delivery mode and was unimpressed by the car's power. 2000 miles later they got an alert that they car is in delivery mode (bimmerfest, I think).

Too bad it requires coding and is not in iDrive.
      01-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #4
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
I bet delivery mode would do that. Someone received car in delivery mode and was unimpressed by the car's power. 2000 miles later they got an alert that they car is in delivery mode (bimmerfest, I think).

Too bad it requires coding and is not in iDrive.
Coding... Besides WeissLicht Spektrum LED bulbs, this could be the 2nd "coding" I'm thinking of now if it's really do-able.

If the HomeLink can be locked, it will be even better. Along with the Navi, it's the system that thieves can really use, too.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx View Post
Coding... Besides WeissLicht Spektrum LED bulbs, this could be the 2nd "coding" I'm thinking of now if it's really do-able.

If the HomeLink can be locked, it will be even better. Along with the Navi, it's the system that thieves can really use, too.
You'd have to code it every time you leave it with a valet, and re code back every time. Also, I don't think the code is known as of yet.

Check Opasha's coding thread (over 30k views as of now) for known codes.