03-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #23
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Exactly. I wasn't looking for big money back or something. Just some free labor and a few cheap parts. Not going to let it ruin my purchase though. Got my zLine tires on today. Next stop a smallish sub and perhaps a MSport steering wheel...
Yes, don't let it ruin your selection of a great vehicle with a really nice option list. It looks awesome and will perform the same!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #24
taken
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive50i

You too friend...
      03-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #25
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

This is just sloppy work on the part of the dealer, and their blaming you is nothing short of insulting. Only you initiate changes, and you did not specify black and went with the standard. Remind them that you asked for full Xpel coverage and they did not say it would not be free.
      03-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #26
taken
Private
Rep

I should point them to this thread and get their feelings on it. LOL.
      03-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #27
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F15 MSport

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I was surprised they wouldn't help me on a little swap I wanted to do. As said before, the roof rails can't be easily swapped at the dealer level. However, I was going to change out my running boards to the xLine rockers with aluminum inserts. (Wife hates boards...) I found out how much they would cost me if I did it myself from getbmwparts.com. Not a big expense and was hoping my dealer would work with me on doing the swap. Nothing. Not both parts and labor, not just parts, not just labor. They actually even pulled my favorite classic dealer BS line about the labor. They told me that sales had to pay service for the labor! LMAO. It's the same company. What do they care if they have to take money out of their left pocket and put it in their right? I gave up as I was just tired of fighting. You're right about it being tough to get to another dealer. The next closest is in Hartford about 45 minutes out and I haven't heard the best things about them either...
talk to me about this?!?? Did a Google search and nothing came up, but I'm very intrigued. Hate the running boards on my xline...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #28
taken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJer View Post
talk to me about this?!?? Did a Google search and nothing came up, but I'm very intrigued. Hate the running boards on my xline...
If you clicked the running board delete, you'd get rockers with aluminum inserts like your front and rear bumpers. It would look like the below picture. I'm going to order mine and swap them in soon. Then, I'll craigslist my boards. I have all the parts numbers pricing from getbmwparts.com. I did place a call to BMWNA yesterday and giving it a touch more time to see if my dealer does anything to make it right...

Left rocker panel 51777308055 $178.10
Right rocker panel 51777308056 $178.10
Left trim molding 51777321875 $133.65
Right trim molding 51777321876 $133.65
Clips 51777171002 $0.61 each (16 needed, I believe)

03-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #29
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Glad to hear that you called BMWNA. Keep us posted as to the results, if any!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 03:23 PM   #30
taken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansRobert View Post
Glad to hear that you called BMWNA. Keep us posted as to the results, if any!
Thanks friend. They were very understanding and let me ramble out my whole story without interruption. The rep actually agreed that my idea of compensation was reasonable but is not the person who can make the decision. She did tell me that a formal complaint will be filed on her end and it will be reviewed by management within BMWNA. She also was amazed that not once have I been able to speak with the sales manager or general manager at my dealership about my issue. She said she would be in contact with them and that one or the other will be in touch ASAP. Today when my phone didn't ring, I knew it was them not calling...LOL.

On a separate note, the wife called me to tell me we have a CEL today. She's at work now so I'll have to see if I can read it in the morning. Already made the appointment to bring it in too...
      03-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #31
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F15 MSport

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Quote:
If you clicked the running board delete, you'd get rockers with aluminum inserts like your front and rear bumpers. It would look like the below picture.[/IMG]
Thanks for the info, going to look into this.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #32
taken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJer View Post
Thanks for the info, going to look into this.
Glad to help. I'm going to order mine soon. I'm still hoping BMW of West Springfield does the right thing and compensates me for ordering my car wrong and we can trade their mistake for mine. If not, I'll order up and install myself. Will start a new thread on the process if it goes that route.
      03-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #33
taken
Private
Rep

Well, we have conclusion to our issue... and it's nothing... After calling BMW of NA, I still heard nothing from the management of BMW of West Springfield. I am used to this as no less the 5 voice mails to both the sales manager Jerome Ballesteros or general manager Job Pimentel have gone unanswered since we signed the P&S agreement over a month ago. However, today I got my survey from BMW NA. I was very honest and actually gave high reviews to the dealership appearance as well as the F&I guy who did not give the usual full court press on ad ons. That's where the 10's across the board ended. I told my story of the misordered roof rails and my proposed solution which was rejected. I also noted my displeasure with managements level of communication during the entire process and especially when an error in the build was found. Within 5 minutes of clicking submit I get a call from Jerome. Man, that was fast. So this is what it takes to get him to make a call? He aggressively tells me it's my fault the vehicle was ordered wrong as I OK'd the build sheet and that he will be sending my email stating that I approved the build to BMW to rebut my survey. We got into it heavily where he repeatedly told me I was confused about the difference between high gloss black and satin aluminum. I wasn't confused at all. The build sheet didn't say black, I didn't even know black was an option with the xLine, and if I did, I would have not ordered it. When I asked why he clicked it, he told me it was what I told my salesman I wanted. Wow. I was blown away that not only could he make a mistake and blame it on me, but now he is telling me it's what I wanted all along and asked for. Well, if I wanted it, why am I complaining? In the end, I can't believe I bought an 80k car and have been treated worse than if I bought an off lease Focus at auction. I've been argued with, told I'm confused numerous times, and often ignored. For $300 in dealer cost parts and some free labor, I'd be a happy guy. Instead, I'll be telling everyone who asks about my new car to shop elsewhere.
      03-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #34
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Wow wow wow. Is this a high-volume/"only show in town" dealership? That's the only thing I can think of for this type of behavior in this day and age of (premium) car buying.
I'll bet you'll get another call...
      03-25-2016, 02:59 PM   #35
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Unbelievable! What arrogance! I'd tell more than those who ask about your experience. I would tell everyone whether they ask or not, "DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!"
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #36
taken
Private
Rep

Thanks for the support guys. Yes, they are the only dealer within about 45m to an hour. And yes, I will be sharing this info with anyone who is interested. I already posted a full review on dealerrater.com too...
      03-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #37
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Ah, makes "sense" now. Reminds me of the time I was shopping for an A4. Apparently we looked like we couldn't afford one or something because we were told there were none available to test drive when there was nary another customer in the showroom. Mind you, this was before the A3 was out so the A4 was the entry level car.